Dark Celebration: A Carpathian Reunion (The…

Dark Celebration: A Carpathian Reunion (The 'Dark' Carpathian… (edition 2006)

by Christine Feehan (Author)

Series: Dark Series (17)

Prince of the Carpathians Mikhail Dubrinsky has witnessed numerous mysterious events during his many centuries on Earth, but now he is faced with the ultimate horror: the extinction of his species. The Carpathians' enemies salivate at the thought of a final victory, but all hope is not lost. The Carpathians gather, united in a desperate hope. And no matter the outcome, blood will be shed and limitless passion unleashed.… (more)
Member:grgriffin
Title:Dark Celebration: A Carpathian Reunion (The 'Dark' Carpathian Book 17)
Authors:Christine Feehan (Author)
Info:Berkley (2006), 350 pages

Work Information

Dark Celebration by Christine Feehan

Recently added byXiamaraRaven94, private library, Pennya47, Stacy_Saldana, fatcatboo, TBS1, maiabird, FishCC

hb
  5083mitzi | Apr 26, 2020 |
I know I have read several books by Christine Feehan. But apparently it was before I started keeping track of what I was reading, and I have forgotten which ones I read and which ones I didn't.

Dark Celebration brings together all the characters from the Carpathian series. Some of these people I remembered, some I didn't. I felt this book was a little too gimmicky. With one chapter dedicated to each of the couples, the book began to feel very repetitive. There was a cohesive plot tying it all together, but I still felt the author tried to hard to give updates on each of the couples.

The ending of the book was a let down. It seemed very abrupt and left some unanswered questions. I wanted to know more about what went on at the party after the main group left.

I think this book will be good for fans of the series to catch up on the different characters. But for the casual reader it felt too disjointed and tried to cover too much ground. ( )
  readingover50 | Jun 11, 2019 |
It is Christmas in the Carpathian Mountains and from all over the world these intensely sumptuous and dangerous men are returning to their homeland. Some are bringing their lifemates and some are bringing their children. But all of them are looking for a moment of peace and happiness. This was my absolute favorite of the "Dark" Series books. All of the characters from the previous books come together, they are touching in their desire to interact with the humans. It's like reuniting with old friends and family. I would give this a dozen stars if I could. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
1/5.. maybe even less -_- Not much for me to say about this book. Happy I purchased it at the Dollar Store. This book was insanely cheesy for me, completely unrealistic in a BAD way. I tried to get in to the story because I read some good reviews but I just could not. I'll be donating this or turning it into a craft of some sort. ( )
  kay_reads | Sep 22, 2015 |
There's no primary couple in this book, unlike the others - instead, we visit the Carpathians during Christmas, and catch up on what everyone's been doing. This book is reasonably important to the series arc plotline. Lots of humor (Mikhail asks Gregori to play Santa Claus, Carpathians try to cook), and also some emotional tragedy (Dimitri and Skyler's first meeting). Scary mage stuff, and Manolito de la Cruz discovering his lifemate and acting like a total creeper. Back end of book full of somewhat uninspired food recipes. We spend a lot of time in Mikhail's viewpoint, which is good. One not to skip. ( )
  WingedWolf | Jun 11, 2015 |
added by Cammylhr | editTime

added by Cammylhr | editRendezvous

added by Cammylhr | editBooklist

added by Cammylhr | editPublishers Weekly

Christine Feehanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Ferrone, RichardNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For my beloved daughter, Cecilia, who had always
given us reason for celebration!
Stars glittered across the night sky and the moon spilled light, illuminating the trees below and turning leaves a glistening silver.
Page 175-176

Ot sisarm ainajanak hany, jama.
Me, ot sisarm kuntajanak piradak sisarm, gond es irgalom ture.
O pus wakenkek, ot oma sarnank, es ot pus funk, alnak ekam ainajanak, pitanak sisarm ainajanak elava.
Ot disarm sielanak pala. Ot omboce palada juta allât o juti, kinta, es szelemek lamtijaknak.
Ot en meek naman: kulkedak otti ot risarm omboce palajanak.
Rekature, saradak, tappadak, odam, kana o numa waram, es avaa owe o lewl mahoz.
Ntak o numa waram, es mozdulak, jomadak.
Piwtadak ot En Puwe tyvinak, ecidak alatt o juti, kinta, es szelemek lamtijaknak.
Fazak, fazak no o saro.
Juttadak ot sisarm o akarataban, o sivaban, es o sielaban.
Ot sisarm sielanak kana engem.
Kuledak es piwtadak ot sisarm.
Sayedak es tuledak ot sisarm kulyanak.
Nenam coro; o kuly torodak.
O kuly pel engem.
Lejkkadak o kanka salamaval.
Molodak ot ainaja komakamal.
Toja es molana.
Han cada.
Manedak ot sisarm sielanak.
Aledak ot sisarm sielanak o komambam.
Aledam ot sisarm numa waramra.
Piwtadak ot En Puwe tyvijanak es sayedak jalleen ot elava ainak majaknak.
Ot sisarm ela jalleen.
Ot sisarm wenca jalleen.
My sister's body is a lump of earth close to death.
We, the clan of my sister, circle her with care and compassion.
Our healing energies, ancient words of magic and healing herbs bless my sister's body, keep it alive.
But my sister's soul is only half. Her other half wanters in the nether world.
My great deed is this. I travel to find my sister's other half.
We dance, we chant, we dream ecstatically, to call my spirit bird and to open the door to the other world.
I mount my spirit bird, we begin to move, we are under way.
Following the trunk of the great Tree, we fall into the nether world.
It is cold, very cold.
My sister and I are linked I'm mind, heart and soul.
My sister's soul call to me
I hear and follow her track.
Encounter I the demon who is devouring my sister's soul.
In anger, I fight the demon.
He is afraid of me.
I strike his throat with a lightning bolt.
I break his body with my bare hands.
He is bent over and falls apart.
He runs away.
I rescue my sister's soul.
I lift my sister's soul in the hollow of my hand.
I lift her onto my spirit bird.
Following up the Great Tree, we return to the land of the living.
My sister lives again.
She is complete again.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,352,038 books! | Top bar: Always visible