The Jewish Daughter Diaries: True Stories of Being Loved Too Much by Our Moms

by Rachel Ament

12None1,625,116 (3)None
Biography & Autobiography. Essays. Nonfiction. Humor (Nonfiction.) HTML:

Moms who impersonate their daughters on JDate. Moms who try to set their daughters up with celebrities. Moms who can't stop taking selfies with their dogs. Moms who make their daughters' beds while their daughters are still sleeping in the other half. This collection of 28 essays is a heartfelt, hilarious tribute to mom and daughterhood, exploring the often complex, colorful and (at times) claustrophobic relationship. The Jewish Daughter Diaries features stories from some of the most compelling Jewish female voices today, who sound off on what it is like to be loved and adored by a modern-day Jewish mom.

Mayim Bialik:
"My mother met my bewilderment with a sympathetic glance and a modest recounting of my assets as she saw them.... if Barbra Streisand could be so famous and amazing and wonderful with her nose, why should mine be any problem?"

lliza Shlesinger:
"I knew my mom was special because once I asked her, "If a witch turned me into a bug, what would you do? Without missing a beat, she said, "I'd put you in my pocket to keep you with me always."

Also featuring:
Lauren Greenberg, Sari Botton, Abby Sher, Kerry Cohen, Meredith Hoffa, Anna Breslaw, Chaya Kurtz, Iris Bahr, Jena Friedman, Rachel Shukert, Leonara Ariella Nonni Epstein, Jenny Jaffe, Lauren Yapalater, Rebecca Drysdale, Emmy Blotnik, Arianna Stern, Almie Rose, Nadine Friedman, Deb Margolin, Gaby Dunn, Wendy Liebman, Mireille Silcoff, Dylan Joffe, and Mara Altman.

The stories in this collection will make you laugh, cry, panic-and finally, pick up the phone. For anyone who has ever been overloved, overprotected or overmothered, this collection will feel like home.

… (more)

No reviews

Biography & Autobiography. Essays. Nonfiction. Humor (Nonfiction.) HTML:

Mayim Bialik:

lliza Shlesinger:

Also featuring:

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 206,006,701 books! | Top bar: Always visible