What Every American Should Know About Who's Really Running America

by Melissa Rossi

49None515,273 (2.5)2
A guide to the politicos, money men, lobbyists, and deal makers who really run America What foreign country has the power to send America crashing into a recession? Why is the USA still dangerously dependent on oil, when viable energy alternatives have existed for decades? Who made the call that we should return to nuclear energy--and then took a high-paying position with a nuclear company? Which youth group was a spawning ground for many contemporary power mongers? What lobbyists and special-interest groups are running the show on Capitol Hill--and exactly what tools of persuasion are they using? Melissa Rossi answers these questions and more in this timely and topical guide to who's pulling the strings behind the scenes of American politics. This latest edition of Rossi's popular What Every American Should Know. . . series puts the spotlight on our own backyard, covering topics like: * Which groups ensure that Americans pay more for drugs than any other nation * How our immigration laws are damaging the U.S. economy * Who's telling the school boards what your child will learn * Who really benefits from U.S. foreign policy * How corporations and government agencies are spying on us * Why we should avoid electronic voting * Who killed the electric car and who exposed it Organized by topic for easy reference, What Every American Should Know About Who's Really Running America shows Americans what is going on behind the scenes and how they can counterbalance the influence of a small, powerful elite to put the power back where it should be--in the hands of the people.… (more)

No reviews

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 201,924,887 books! | Top bar: Always visible