Heirs of Grace by Tim Pratt

Heirs of Grace

by Tim Pratt

A quick enjoyable read. ( )
  pabwork | Jan 10, 2019 |
3.5/5 stars. The thing is, I really liked this serial right up until the last episode. I knew from the beginning it was only five episodes long, but the fifth felt so rushed.

I'm a huge fan of Tim Pratt's writing and I do hope he returns to the world he's created here somehow. Short stories? Novels? I don't care, just do it! ;)

Pretty much, aside from the rushed ending, this had everything I wanted from a serial. Each episode ended in a cliffhanger that left me hotly anticipating the next. I very much liked the character of Beka and the way she accepted and dealt with this sudden inheritance of magic. Her siblings were different and interesting and I'd like to learn more about them.

So, in conclusion, Dear Tim Pratt, this was really cool, please write more for me. ( )
  tldegray | Sep 21, 2018 |
writing was ok - had a hard time developing much sympathy for the main character - dropped about half way through ( )
  jason9292 | Jul 6, 2016 |
Rebekah Lull was adopted as a baby and brought up by loving parents in Chicago and is satisfied with her life. She has no desire to find out anything about her real parents. But suddenly she is left a mansion in North Carolina and when she goes to claim her inheritance, she discovers she comes from a magical family, magic she also possesses. Not all of her family is thrilled with her claim and she finds herself staving off death in many forms. The house itself is a puzzle with rooms she can't enter and books she can't decipher. I found the book delightful - it's told in Bekah's voice and she's full of good humor and compassion. Fun read! ( )
  Oodles | Feb 16, 2016 |
I really really wanted to like this book. I enjoyed Briarpatch and this story had promise as a fun fantasy. However, I couldn't enjoy it because the main character was so incredibly awful. Not only was she full of herself and way too contrived, but she was constantly pointing it out. She and the secondary protagonist use a lot of obscure words, and each time seem to feel the need to comment on how smart and cool they are for knowing the word, what it means AND how to pronounce it. It was so annoying!

I liked the other characters and the story itself, but the main character was so horribly executed that it really brought down the whole experience. ( )
  DianaFord | Jan 5, 2016 |

When an unknown relative dies, Bekah inherits a small fortune and a large house filled with junk. Trey Howard, the young lawyer handling the estate is a bonus. But then she discovers some of the junk is magical, and the house is filled with monsters.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,341,279 books! | Top bar: Always visible