Idol Dreams, Vol. 1 by Arina Tanemura

Idol Dreams, Vol. 1 (original 2014; edition 2015)

by Arina Tanemura (Author)

Member:DestDest
Title:Idol Dreams, Vol. 1
Authors:Arina Tanemura (Author)
Info:VIZ Media LLC (2015), 192 pages
Rating:*
Tags:disappointed

Idol Dreams, Vol. 1 by Arina Tanemura (2014)

This series was on display at the library, so I decided to read it.

Well, everything in this manga is 0 to 100 with no in-between. Chikage feeling unfulfilled and disappointed at 31 is realistic, but her suicide attempt is handled so cartoonishly. Right now, all the characters feel really flat, and the way she becomes an idol is a bit too ridiculous. I was expecting Chikage to try to become a popstar/idol herself not basically be coerced into it..

Chikage seems to have about 3 love interests, but we all KNOW who she's going to end up with. I kind of like Tokita, but him trying to kiss her in the mouth while she was asleep is wrong. Still, he's the only character I vaguely like right now. I like that he has always noticed her and cares for her even now. I really hope Chikage doesn't try to date the 15-year musical prodigy. I don't know how that's going to work out for her.

Normally, I wouldn't be interested in reading the next volume, but I already have the next 4 with me. So ... until next time ( )
  DestDest | May 15, 2019 |
Cheesy good fun despite the unsettlingly casual pedophilic themes common to a lot of these Japanese romance manga. (See also, [b:First Love Monster, Vol. 1|24487024|First Love Monster, Vol. 1 (First Love Monster, #1)|Akira Hiyoshimaru|https://d2arxad8u2l0g7.cloudfront.net/books/1436976926s/24487024.jpg|44081537], [b:A Bride's Story, Vol. 1|10105459|A Bride's Story, Vol. 1 (A Bride's Story, #1)|Kaoru Mori|https://d2arxad8u2l0g7.cloudfront.net/books/1331910205s/10105459.jpg|15002691], [b:Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 1|229145|Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 1 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #1)|CLAMP|https://d2arxad8u2l0g7.cloudfront.net/books/1451030958s/229145.jpg|1101695].) ( )
  villemezbrown | Jul 28, 2018 |
This was great I want more though. ( )
  RinHanase | Mar 11, 2017 |
This was great I want more though. ( )
  RinHanase | Mar 11, 2017 |
Es heißt, jeder Mensch treffe drei Mal in seinem Leben auf die Liebe.

"At age 31, office worker Chikage Deguchi feels she missed her chance at love and success. When word gets out that she's a virgin, Chikage is humiliated and wishes she could return to the time when she was still young and popular. She takes an experimental drug that changes her appearance back to when she was 15. Now [she] is determined to pursue everything she missed out on all those years ago-- including becoming a star!"--Page 4 of cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,923,631 books! | Top bar: Always visible