LS Swaps: How to Swap GM LS Engines into…

LS Swaps: How to Swap GM LS Engines into Almost Anything (Performance… (edition 2014)

by Jefferson Bryant

Member:sunriseriver
Title:LS Swaps: How to Swap GM LS Engines into Almost Anything (Performance How-To)
Authors:Jefferson Bryant
Info:CarTech (2014), Paperback, 144 pages
Collections:Tattoo/Pinstriping

LS Swaps: How to Swap GM LS Engines Into Almost Anything (SA Design) (Performance How-To) by Jefferson Bryant

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Well written, very informative, well laid out. Overall a great book & easy to understand. ( )
  Crazy_Bunny_Lady | Nov 4, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Gave this to my son-in-law who is an auto mechanic. He believed that the book was lacking in some key areas and didn't get anything out of it. He did say it was well written, but really couldn't better anyone's true talent when it comes to engines. Therefore, based on his statements and thoughts, I gave this book 2 stars. ( )
  KWoman | Jan 19, 2015 |
LS Swaps
How to Swap GM LS Engines into Almost Anything

What makes this book different from all the other LS Engine Swap books out there is the fact that it includes swaps into cars other than the typical GM cars. Now don’t get me wrong, there are swaps into Chevrolet’s too but the interesting parts are those that cover cars like a 66 Mustang, and if that doesn’t tickle your fancy, how about a 96 Nissan 240SX. There are also sections that include swaps into a 92 Jeep YJ and a 90’s mid BMW E36 series.
Also included in this book are chapters covering both simple things such as selecting the correct oil pan for your conversion, to setting up complete and functioning fuel systems from top to bottom. In between those are other chapters covering assessor drive systems, wiring harness and wiring. Even chapters to help with choosing the correct exhaust system for your conversion.
One of the things I enjoy about these books is the Source Guides. They give contact information for all of the companies mentioned in the book, which includes the current address, phone number and web address. Although SA Design now states on the back cover that the book is written, edited and designed in the USA, it is still printed in China. ( )
  Cyndecat | Jun 24, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I've read and used several of the CarTech Performance How-To books. I found this one to be the most clear and easy to follow of them all. Jefferson Bryant did a great job making a set of complex tasks appear achievable even by a novice rebuilder. I would highly recommend this guide to anybody contemplating a GM LS Engine project. ( )
  Dmoorela | May 27, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I requested this book for my husband, who has an old Camaro in the garage that he's restoring bit by bit. Though he's still on the fence as to what kind of engine he plans to put it in, I feel this "book" has swayed him more towards the newer LS. Hubby explained to me this was about putting a new GM engine in say, older cars. To me this seems an awesome idea. After all, these engines would be a heck of a lot more reliable...

But the book itself is like a magazine. It has color instructions and pictures with numbered instructions with them. The photos take a person step by step from valve placement, steam line installation, modifying your oil pan, building custom headers, pretty much everything you'd need to do when you change the engine, whatever needs to be done to make your car compatible with the engine.

It specifically talks about putting the engine in specific makes/ models, from BMW to Nissan to old cars of the thirties/forties.

I think this would make a terrific Father's Day gift for the car enthusiast. My husband is very pleased. ( )
  Soniamarie | May 19, 2014 |

Reveals all the criteria to consider when choosing an LS engine for your swap project.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Jefferson Bryant's book LS Swaps: How to Swap GM LS Engines into Almost Anything was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,225,837 books! | Top bar: Always visible