November 9: A Novel by Colleen Hoover

November 9: A Novel

by Colleen Hoover

3833640,369 (4.23)1 / 1

So the first 3/4 of this book wasn't very good. It wasn't bad but definitely not Hoovers best work almost a little boring. The characters were likable enough.

NOW the last 1/4 of the book got really good, made up for the first 75% of it.

My only complaint is the ending, no epilogue. Nothing it just ended right there on November 9th. It made me kinda bummed because at this point I felt very invested in the future of the characters..... I don't think we seen enough of Ben and Fallon actually together. :( ( )
  nicolemeier111 | Aug 29, 2018 |
I can't even remember what this book was about.

You see the thing is, last year I went on this weird Colleen Hoover kick where I read all of her books in like a week but ya'll - I just really don't see the appeal in them anymore. Actually, let's extend that to the entire New Adult genre. I just don't see the appeal anymore. They're easy to read and addicting, but extremely forgettable and very toxic.

Two stars because... I don't know.

jlydia | Jun 25, 2018 |
I don't think the synopsis makes justice to the book.
It's an intense and compulsive reading. I laughed and I cried.
Some things are hard to swallow but it's still worth the reading.
The end was a little rushed and unrealistic...
But has always(at least in the books I read of this author) C.H. presents two voices allowing you to know the main characters well. And she always uses this little details that add value to the story. ( )
  neosofia | Jun 19, 2018 |
I know you either love Colleen Hoover or you hate her work. I am in the love category. She is one of my favorite authors. I have been trying to save some of her books to read for when I am feeling slumpy, so I had put off grabbing for November 9. When I heard she had a new book coming out I was excited, not only for the new book but to be able to grab one of my unread books.

I loved the beginning and how our characters meet in the restaurant. I also loved how this went beyond just looks and how Ben sees the true beauty in Fallon. I was smiling the whole the time I was reading this book…up until the plot twists. Then I was reading with my jaw dropped, and then came some tears. I loved this!

This was another amazing read from Colleen Hoover and I just need more! ( )
  SimplyKelina | Apr 13, 2018 |
I read this without a glance at the synopsis. I don't read romance. Its way too dramatic and cheesy for me. I assume Hoover wrote well for romance.. I have little to compare it with. The dialogue made me cringe frequently but I suppose that's my fault for reading something not suited to my taste. I can't give a star rating because there's a 1 star 5 star war raging in the comments section that I want no part of. Keep doing you Colleen, I think I'll stop blind reading.
  staceyfronczak | Apr 3, 2018 |

"Beloved #1 New York Times bestselling author Colleen Hoover returns with an unforgettable love story between a writer and his unexpected muse. Fallon meets Ben, an aspiring novelist, the day before her scheduled cross-country move. Their untimely attraction leads them to spend Fallon's last day in L.A. together, and her eventful life becomes the creative inspiration Ben has always sought for his novel. Over time and amidst the various relationships and tribulations of their own separate lives, they continue to meet on the same date every year. Until one day Fallon becomes unsure if Ben has been telling her the truth or fabricating a perfect reality for the sake of the ultimate plot twist. Can Ben's relationship with Fallon and simultaneously his novel be considered a love story if it ends in heartbreak?"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,619,105 books! | Top bar: Always visible