dismiss

November 9 by Colleen Hoover

November 9

by Colleen Hoover

5344231,245 (4.25)1 / 1
"Beloved #1 New York Times bestselling author Colleen Hoover returns with an unforgettable love story between a writer and his unexpected muse. Fallon meets Ben, an aspiring novelist, the day before her scheduled cross-country move. Their untimely attraction leads them to spend Fallon's last day in L.A. together, and her eventful life becomes the creative inspiration Ben has always sought for his novel. Over time and amidst the various relationships and tribulations of their own separate lives, they continue to meet on the same date every year. Until one day Fallon becomes unsure if Ben has been telling her the truth or fabricating a perfect reality for the sake of the ultimate plot twist. Can Ben's relationship with Fallon and simultaneously his novel be considered a love story if it ends in heartbreak?"--… (more)
Recently added byKWilkes13, rena40, private library, feverell, Alevis, Khara2275, drumore

This book is officially in my top 5 favorite books. Like every book I have read by Colleen Hoover, she always takes me surprise. Once you start reading this book, you will not be able to put it down. Trust me. Overall a wonderful book, which one can learn insightful life lessons from the characters. ( )
  laularregui | Apr 14, 2020 |
I am not a romance novel person; I don't enjoy reading something based entirely on a relationship That being said, this book was FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC! I felt emotionally connected with both Fallon and Ben and the character development as the story progressed was great. Nothing felt corny or forced at any point. I usually read YA, but this book did not feel far off from it.

Fallon is an ex-actor who was in a fire and has burn scars on the left side of her body from her head to her legs. She meets Ben on November 9 before she moves from California to New York. Ben has an extremely dark secret and immediately is interested in Fallon, who returns the feelings. What starts as being fake girlfriend and boyfriend leads to the two of them agreeing to only meet once a year on November 9, with no interaction otherwise, for the next five years. After that, they will decide to continue in a real relationship or let theirs fizzle out. The book goes through both character's perspectives and through each year's date. As both of their lives take drastic turns, they find ways to still meet each other on November 9 and reveal their feelings for each other. They hurt each other's feelings, forgive each other, and mend each other as normal relationships go. I loved going through the relationship with them.

Ben is a writer. And he is writing a novel based on his and Fallon's relationship. About halfway through the book, Fallon is allowed to read Ben's manuscript and it creates a drastic change on her feelings as well as the reader's, but allows the reader to see a much deeper part of Ben as well as explains his secret and how he came to "run in" to Fallon on the day that they met. There is much more than fate involved.

What is really fun about the book is that Fallon loves romance novels, so she is frequently commenting on what would be corny or what wouldn't work if their story was a book, so nothing ever feels like your typical romance novel. I'll definitely be reading more Colleen Hoover after this. :) ( )
  lispylibrarian | Dec 11, 2019 |
Wow! I adored November 9. My emotions were all over the map! Pissed.... Happy.... Angry... Crying. .. Relieved ... So pissed... Happy again.
I am now finished and am emotionally spent. ( )
  Linnnnie | Oct 7, 2019 |
I’m not a romance novel lover. But damn this was good!!!!! ( )
  nuklearv | Sep 5, 2019 |
If my tears aren't enough to tell you how much I was moved by this book, words won't be either. My number 1 book for 2015. There's not time for another book to take that place now. It was everything I wasn't expecting and more. Ignore everyone's reviews and just read it for yourself. ( )
  CarleneInspired | Jun 14, 2019 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 146,228,113 books! | Top bar: Always visible