Sisters by Raina Telgemeier

Sisters (edition 2014)

by Raina Telgemeier (Author), Raina Telgemeier (Illustrator)

Series: Smile (2)

2,205705,553 (4.15)32
The companion to Raina Telgemeier's #1 New York Times bestselling and Eisner Award-winning graphic memoir, Smile. Raina can't wait to be a big sister. But once Amara is born, things aren't quite how she expected them to be. Amara is cute, but she's also a cranky, grouchy baby, and mostly prefers to play by herself. Their relationship doesn't improve much over the years, but when a baby brother enters the picture and later, something doesn't seem right between their parents, they realize they must figure out how to get along. They are sisters, after all. Raina uses her signature humour and charm in both present-day narrative and perfectly placed flashbacks to tell the story of her relationship with her sister, which unfolds during the course of a road trip from their home in San Francisco to a family reunion in Colorado.… (more)
Member:28mmush
Title:Sisters
Authors:Raina Telgemeier (Author)
Other authors:Raina Telgemeier (Illustrator)
Info:Graphix (2014), Edition: Illustrated, 208 pages

Work Information

Sisters by Raina Telgemeier

English (69)  Spanish (1)  All languages (70)
Very cute, middle grade readers are sure to love these comics but Telgemeier ( )
  bookdrunkard78 | Jan 6, 2022 |
I love Raina Telgemeier. This is the 4th book of hers I've read with my 9-year-old daughter, and I cannot say enough good things about them. My daughter has now read Sisters at least 3 times, and I think she's starting in on it again.

This book is her follow-up to Smile (which my daughter has also read 3 times). They don't need to be read in order, and I highly recommend them both. Good stories, good illustration, and just overall really great books for my daughter (and me). They're not "message" books, but instead just slice-of-life stories from Raina's childhood.

Makes me want to get some of her Babysitter Club graphic novels. ( )
  evenlake | Mar 23, 2021 |
Fun and honest autobiographical graphic novel about growing up and family. ( )
  bookwyrmm | Feb 23, 2021 |
Telgemeier adds another outstanding book to her career - a true authentic voice that explores the ups & downs of family, when siblings turn out to be something you didn't expect, and that awkward place between middle school and high school. All done with humour and warmth. Kids are going to LOVE this! ( )
  scout101 | Sep 15, 2020 |
Cute novel about a family that goes on a family road trip and eventually works through family issues in a graphic novel. ( )
  snickel63 | Aug 21, 2020 |
For Amara, obviously
Are you sure you're all packed?

Raina really cant wait to be a big sister when her mom announces her pregnancy. However, once Amara is born, Raina isn't what she expected from a baby sister. The two fight constantly, especially with Amara's cranky mood swings. Then, before you know it, out comes a baby brother. The two girls need to figure out how to work things out as sisters because unfortunately they are stuck with each other for awhile. The family goes on a family roadtrip from San Francisco to Colorado where the sisters learn how to find the good in being sisters.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,381,100 books! | Top bar: Always visible