The Sea of Monsters (2006)

by Rick Riordan

Series: Percy Jackson and the Olympians (2), Camp Half-Blood (2), Riordan's Demi-Gods (1.2)

Demi-god Percy Jackson and his friends must journey into the Sea of Monsters to save their camp. But first Percy will discover a secret that makes him wonder whether being claimed as Poseidon's son is an honor or a cruel joke.

English (424)  Spanish (2)  German (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  All languages (428)
An interesting story ( )
  Bookslesstravelled | Apr 15, 2022 |
Really enjoying these books, always loved Greek Mythology so seeing those converted to modern times is great. ( )
  fellanta13 | Feb 14, 2022 |
Im just finishing up rereading all the PJO books and realized I had almost none of them listed as read (oops). I didnt like this book as much as The Lightning Thief but I still really enjoyed it. The guinea pig indecent is one of my favorite moments in the series, and I like how Percy and Annabeth's friendship has developed since the first book. I think having this adventure set on and near the sea was a great way to have Percy figure out more of what it meant for him to be the son of Poseidon without it feeling like a lecture or a training montage. ( )
  mutantpudding | Dec 26, 2021 |
3.5 stars ( )
  ChelseaVK | Dec 10, 2021 |
I really love these books. The myths are very interesting, the take on them is original and smart. The characters are great and the plot draws your attention and doesn't let go. I read this in a few hours, and instantly grabbed the third book. ( )
  banrions | Dec 7, 2021 |

Riordan, Rickprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Baldinucci, LoredanaTraduttoresecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Bernstein, JesseNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pracontal, Mona deTraductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rekiaro, IlkkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Young, PaulCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Patrick John Riordan,

the best storyteller in the family
My nightmare started like this.
Humans don't exist on the same level as the immortals. They can't even be hurt by our weapons. But you, Percy--you are part god, part human. You live in both worlds. You can be harmed by both, and you can effect both. That's what makes heroes so special. You carry the hopes of humanity into the realm of the eternal. Monsters never die. They are reborn from the chaos and barbarism that is always bubbling underneath civilization, the very stuff that makes Kronos stronger. They must be defeated again and again, kept at bay. Heroes embody that struggle. You fight the battles humanity must win, every generation, in order to stay human.
This LT work is the second volume (of five) in Rick Riordan's series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Please do not combine it with any other individual title or collection of titles from the series. Thank you.

Percy Jackson's seventh-grade year has been surprisingly quiet. Not a single monster has set foot on his New York prep-school campus. But when an innocent game of dodgeball among Percy and his classmates turns into a death match against an ugly gang of cannibal giants, things get . . . well, ugly. And the unexpected arrival of Percy's friend Annabeth brings more bad news: the magical borders that protect Camp Half-Blood have been poisoned by a mysterious enemy, and unless a cure is found, the only safe haven for demigods will be destroyed.

In this fresh, funny, and hugely anticipated follow up to The Lightning Thief, Percy and his friends must journey into the Sea of Monsters to save their beloved camp. But first, Percy will discover a stunning new secret about his family -- one that makes him question whether being claimed as Poseidon's son is an honor or simply a cruel joke.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 171,638,170 books! | Top bar: Always visible