The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan

The Sea of Monsters (2006)

by Rick Riordan

English (383)  German (2)  Spanish (2)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  All languages (388)
I love this Universe!
This is a really great sequel that really starts to set the scene for a bigger finale later on in the series. ( )
  SaraChook | Jun 19, 2019 |
Definitely better than the first. I'm really having fun with these. I love the way he weaves the actual stories from Greek mythology in there. I've ordered a set for my nephew already. I think, at ten years old, he will have trouble with the Greek gods names, but know he will enjoy the stories. ( )
  Amelia1989 | Jun 10, 2019 |
After returning with his friend Tyson to camp half-blood, he learns that his friend is a son of Poseidon as well. As it turns out, Thalia's tree has been poisoned, weakening the protection on camp half-blood. This opens up a quest to find the golden fleece (which can heal the tree), and save grover(a satyr who found the fleece, but was imprisoned by a cyclops who guards the fleece). The quest was accepted by Clarisse who won the chariot race. Percy and Annabeth undertake the quest secretly.

During their quest, they were attacked by monsters and were saved by Clarisse and her crew. Percy and Annabeth join Clarisse on the quest, but their ship explodes when they try to pass a monster who is a hurricane/whirlwind. Tyson and Clarisse are incorrectly assumed dead, so Percy and Annabeth continue on their journey. When they arrived on an island in the Sea of Monsters, they find Clarisse also imprisoned by the cyclops. Percy and Annabeth trick the cyclops, save Grover and Clarisse, and take the golden fleece. When the cyclops was about to catch the group, Tyson saves them, throwing rocks at the cyclops. The group returns to camp half-blood and save the tree from dying.

I enjoyed this book because it has many plot twists. This book was written well with many cliff hangers, so it was impossible to put down. Therefore, I finished it quickly. ( )
  ConnerE.B2 | May 29, 2019 |
This book to me is absolutely rediculious I have to say I have never disliked a book as much as this one it us just the story , the first one was good then it went just down hill from there I mean great job you made a book but my gosh, I am sorry but this book wanted to make me throw it across the room of how bad it got.

The book talks about Percy after the whole saving the world and how he now has a brother who is also a cyclopse it just dose not make sense of how a god of the sea would have time to have a baby with a cyclopse. They go on a adventure to find a fleece to heal a tree that keeps the barrier alive also the tree is a girl who is the father of Zues but Zues isn't the god of life he is the god of lighting and storms but whatever this book was just not like the old one. ( )
  Owen.G3 | Mar 26, 2019 |
Percy Jackson and the Olympians: Sea of Monsters Book 2 (Rick Riordan)
New York: Hyperion Books: 2016

Science Fiction, Middle 279pg

Summary:
While at his last day of school before going to camp half blood, Percy is attacked by monsters. Back at camp he follows Clarice on a quest to find the Golden Fleece. Working together they find the fleece and save the tree that provides protection to the camp. While doing this, they also save Thalia, who was dead in the tree, from the fleece's powers.

Critique:
While saving themselves and finding the fleece, Percy and his friends use magic! The book is creative and uses pieces of history to drive the story line.

Activity:(Before)
Looking at the cover and the title, what do you think is going to happen in this book? Where are they going? What is their mission?
  RachaelWilley | Feb 25, 2019 |

Rick Riordanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Bernstein, JesseNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rekiaro, IlkkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Patrick John Riordan,

the best storyteller in the family
My nightmare started like this.
Humans don't exist on the same level as the immortals. They can't even be hurt by our weapons. But you, Percy--you are part god, part human. You live in both worlds. You can be harmed by both, and you can effect both. That's what makes heroes so special. You carry the hopes of humanity into the realm of the eternal. Monsters never die. They are reborn from the chaos and barbarism that is always bubbling underneath civilization, the very stuff that makes Kronos stronger. They must be defeated again and again, kept at bay. Heroes embody that struggle. You fight the battles humanity must win, every generation, in order to stay human.
This LT work is the second volume (of five) in Rick Riordan's series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Please do not combine it with any other individual title or collection of titles from the series. Thank you.

Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book Two: Sea of Monsters, The

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:04:11 -0400)

Demi-god Percy Jackson and his friends must journey into the Sea of Monsters to save their camp. But first Percy will discover a secret that makes him wonder whether being claimed as Poseidon's son is an honor or a cruel joke.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,392,149 books! | Top bar: Always visible