The Witch With No Name (The Hollows, #13) by…

The Witch With No Name (The Hollows, #13) (edition 2014)

by Kim Harrison

Series: The Hollows (13)

"Rachel Morgan's come a long way from the clutzy runner of Dead Witch Walking. She's faced vampires and werewolves, banshees, witchs, and soul-eating demons. She's crossed worlds, channeled gods, and accepted her place as a day-walking demon. She's lost friends and lovers and family, and an old enemy has become something much more. But power demands responsibility, and world-changers must always pay a price. That time is now. To save Ivy's soul and the rest of the living vampires, to keep the demonic ever after and our own world from destruction, Rachel Morgan will risk everything"--… (more)
Member:Avonelle
Title:The Witch With No Name (The Hollows, #13)
Authors:Kim Harrison
Info:Harper Voyager, Kindle Edition, 433 pages

Work Information

The Witch With No Name by Kim Harrison

I hate that this is the last book in the wonderful Hollows series, but if it has to be the last book, at least it is a well written, mile-a-minute, crazy plot driven, nailbiter of a book. Rachel Morgan is just as determined as ever to both save the world and make it better despite insurmountable odds. She kicks ass, the unexpected way through is found, and she may even believe in her own romance by the end of it. Also, lucky book thirteen? Well played, Miss Harrison, well played.

Advanced reader's copy provided by Edelweiss. ( )
  jennybeast | Apr 14, 2022 |
I'm really sad that this fantastic series is over, but I really enjoyed the manner in which it ended. It was a great ride with Rachel and company! ( )
  bookwyrmqueen | Oct 25, 2021 |
***finished rereading on dinsdag 9 februari 2021***
I stayed up until half past two reading this... I don't know why but I did got to start with American Demon and since a week my dreams were calm.

I'm still tired though and can't remember what I thought directly after finishing the book.

Cormel was a douche, some people you never hear from again, weird how my notes from a few years ago still hold up, my partner was shocked that I wrote with a pencil in my book which is always amusing.

***EDIT 29/01/2016***
I really don't know why I adore this series so much. I mean Rachel can be pretty annoying after a while. But then she does something kickass (using her feet instead of magic just because. Or she is chillin' somewhere with her friends and then I'm like IIIHHHH.

I read an negative review about this book (Ferdy's review ) and I well I couldn't disagree with her.

But my readers enjoyment was so intens. Like I said earlier. Rachel felt real to me. And so all her annoying traits were just part of her. I don't like perfect heroines because no ones is.

***Alert possible spoiler alert***
And her relationship with Trent... Well I wouldn't mind if she ended up with Ivy. But I also thought that she could've ended up alone and it would be fine because she has people.

Still I got why she ended up with him even do he was an massive douche in the beginning. He was someone who broke the rules in order to save his species and found it hard to come back from that. Rachel on the other hand was a massive douche with her holier than thou attitude but came to see the world in gray colours and learned not to judge people.

Still I wouldn't have mind if she killed someone. But it's good to have standards.

Still one nagging question... What the fuck happened to Bell?

Also I still think Ceri deserved to be named in this book at the end.

*FIRST REVIEW 09/07/2014*
I didn't read this book in go. What surprised me at the beginning. But now it's over and I enjoyed every page.

I can't give a long enthusiastic speech about how much I love this serie and why. My English is not good enough for that. But I will say that Rachel for all her faults is a wonderful person. And how many writers can make someone speak about a fictional character as if they were real?

I love the Hollows series and well I cried a little when I read the last two words. To think I will never read what goes on in Rachel's crazy life makes me sad. But oh what a good ending! I'm grateful Kim Harrison wrote the last chapter. It really finished the story. Without any nagging questions open or a: what-the-f*uck-just-happened feeling.

Now my next thing to enjoy this serie is to get all the books in hardcover! And read them all over again! ( )
  Jonesy_now | Sep 24, 2021 |
*EDIT 29/01/2016

***Alert possible spoiler alert***

Still one nagging question... What the fuck happened to Bell?

Also I still think Ceri deserved to be named in this book at the end.

*FIRST REVIEW 09/07/2014*

Jonesy_now | Sep 24, 2021 |
Absolutely fitting finale to 13 books worth of adventures. Answers almost all of your questions and then some. ( )
  JefftheYoung | Jun 30, 2021 |

Kim Harrisonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Rostant, LarryCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Thornton, KateAuthor photosecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Tim, the guy in the leather jacket
Necked craned, I squinted up between the shadowed apartments.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 176,538,991 books! | Top bar: Always visible