Eager to Love: The Alternative Way of Francis of Assisi

by Richard Rohr

Francis of Assisi is one of the most beloved of all saints. Both traditional and entirely revolutionary, he was a paradox. He was at once down to earth and reaching toward heaven, grounded in the rich history of the Church while moving toward a new understanding of the world beyond. Richard Rohr, himself a Franciscan friar, draws on Scripture, insights from psychology, and literary and artistic references, to weave together an understanding of the tradition as first practiced by St Francis. Rohr shows how his own innovative theology is firmly grounded in the life and teaching of this great saint and provides a perspective on how his alternative path to the divine can deepen and enrich our spiritual lives.… (more)

It isn't that this is a bad book, it is a very good Richard Rohr book. It hits his points well and is very well thought out. I was not the target audience for this book, so it didn't hit. I enjoyed almost all of his books, but this one just didn't connect at this moment. ( )
  Nerdyrev1 | Nov 23, 2022 |
If you would like to share your joy in this book, please Click here

Your contribution of this book to the collection would be most appreciated!
  societystf | Jun 23, 2022 |
This book is profound and perspective altering. It's also a hard book to read at times. I'd give it 3 stars for that reason, but when it's good, it's so good.

The appendices are my favorite part of the book (they're like 30% of it). I plan on reading them another couple times so they can sink in a little more. I especially enjoyed the thoughts on the personhood of God and the cosmic Christ. ( )
  Mattmcmanus | Aug 23, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,436,765 books! | Top bar: Always visible