One Perfect Spring: A Novel by Irene Hannon

One Perfect Spring: A Novel (edition 2014)

by Irene Hannon

Member:FHC
Title:One Perfect Spring: A Novel
Authors:Irene Hannon
Info:Revell (2014), Paperback, 384 pages
Tags:women's lit, adoption

One Perfect Spring: A Novel by Irene Hannon

This story is one of change and willing to do what it takes to help someone out. Keith works for a businessman who helps out those in need. His boss convinces him to take an assignment written by a little girl. At first he dismisses the request as it is not what they usually do, but his boss convinces him it would be good to take on this assignment. He does and becomes very close to the people he is working with. In taking this assignment, he also begins to look at some things going on in his own life as does his boss. Many lives are changes all due to a simple request of a little girl. I liked seeing how the characters realized things about their lives and how they worked at doing things different.
I received this book free to review. ( )
  polarmath | May 8, 2014 |
Irene Hannon is a new author for me. Although she has written many romantic suspense and contemporary romance novels, I had yet to pick one up. I sure am glad I did! One Perfect Spring is a breath of fresh air — a novel filled with likable and believable characters who face real life situations with doubts, questions and faith in God. Not perfect people, but a perfect God who gently leads them. If you are looking for an enjoyable read from the opening chapter to the last page, then check out One Perfect Spring.

Haley Summers, an exuberant eleven year old, writes a letter that triggers a series of events that brings hope and healing to the lives of her mother Claire, next door neighbor Maureen and the two men who enter their lives. Cautious hearts are opened and the prospects of a second chance at love become reality.

Irene Hannon has a natural writing style that made me believe her story. From the beginning I was drawn into the characters lives. There were no far-fetched situations or unrealistic responses, just true-life. These characters struggled with the same things we all do — forgiveness, bitterness, past hurts, and reconciliation. They could be your neighbors, friends or family (or even yourself). I thought the romances (yes there were two!) developed naturally as well. There are sparks aplenty, but also a measured response to the difficulties of relationships with baggage attached. Hannon also presents an interesting perspective on adoption with characters on both sides of the question.

All in all a perfect choice for those who like a contemporary romance. I highly recommend One Perfect Summer.

Highly Recommended.

(Thanks to Revell for a review copy. All opinions expressed are mine alone.) ( )
  vintagebeckie | May 5, 2014 |
Title: One Perfect Spring
Author: Irene Hannon
Pages: 384
Year: 2014
Publisher: Revell
Haley is a young girl who writes a letter hoping to surprise her neighbor with a very special birthday gift hopefully funded by a foundation owned by David, a widower. David believes his young associate at work would benefit from looking into this young girl’s request. Keith reluctantly takes the time to chase down leads in the hopes of fulfilling the request posed in Haley’s letter.
While this novel definitely has romance in it as shown on the cover, there is more depth to the tale than simply romance per se; it includes forgiveness, faith, love and trust to name a few, as well as how broken lives can not only be repaired by God, but look brand new. Irene Hannon’s writings are filled with tantalizing plots, including this recent book.
Hope was the overall general feeling to the novel, but there were some surprises in the story line I never saw coming. In fact, quite a few times, I thought I had the ending figured out, but was surprised at each new direction the plot took. There is the reality that past mistakes even when forgiven by God and anyone else, need time for others to once again believe a relationship is possible. The real idea of working through past issues was one theme I really appreciated portrayed in the characters’ lives.
I enjoyed how young Haley had such a childlike faith and wisdom that spoke to the heart of her mother who had been through some hard times. I loved how Keith decided to face his past perceptions of his birth mother and learn the truth he couldn’t have known when he was so young. The novel is not just entertaining, but also food for thought and not so heavy as to weigh down the joyful experience of reading another Hannon book.
For me, what keeps Irene Hannon’s books exceptional is the hope infused in every page, so that when I am done my heart is light again. To give God the center stage in the book is a true stroke of genius whether the players are solid in their relationship or struggling. God is always there to redeem the past, lighten our loads and give us hope regardless of our sins and the decisions we sometimes wish we could change. God uses all things to transform us more into the image of Jesus if we are willing. Works of fiction such as this remind us of these truths.
My rating is 5 stars.
Amazon Link: http://www.amazon.com/One-Perfect-Spring-Irene-Hannon/dp/0800722671/ref=sr_1_1?s...

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ . Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457 ( )
  lcjohnson1988 | May 2, 2014 |
Irene Hannon’s One Perfect Spring is a one perfect story, from beginning to end; I didn’t want it to end. The story made it so real life, and yet maybe at times to real. This is a book that once you turn the final page, it will linger with you and you won’t forget.
We have not one, but two romances that made me feel like I was one of them. We face head on cancer, and touch on child abuse, and divorce among others. The main characters are rather strong woman and survivors. There is a strong display of Faith shone which tends to lead others to the Lord, in this case a nudge back on the right path.
The young lady here, an eleven-year old and quite precocious and loveable begins the story with her kindness and love. She is such a delight and really reminded me of how truthful children can be, and sometimes embarrassing. Oh my!! Say it like it is!
There are a few side stories here and some will make you want to cry, the hard decisions of adults, and you see what some of the wrong ones were. A lot of powerful messages here, and as life goes by we let them past, until we run out of time.
I for one cannot wait for Ms. Hannon’s next book; it will be on the top of my TBR pile.

I received this book through the Revell Blogger Tour, and was not required to give a positive review. ( )
  alekee | May 1, 2014 |
ONE PERFECT SPRING by Irene Hannon is an interesting Contemporary Fiction. Follow, single Mom, Claire Summers, Claire's eleven year old daughter, Haley, Dr. Chandler, who had a son, she gave up for adoption, when she was younger, and Keith Watson, a workaholic and an executive assistant to a philanthropic businessman on their journey of discovery,faith,love and a child's Birthday wish for another.

A letter from a little girl could change everything.

What an emotional tale of adoption, romance, love, faith, forgiveness, hope, and healing. Do, have a tissue or handkerchief at the ready, you will need it, I am sure, I did.

A very emotional but tenderhearted tale of hope, and love, with many twists and turns. I enjoyed ONE PERFECT SPRING. I usually read her Romantic Suspense stories, but I gotta say her Contemporary Romance is just as thrilling and emotional.

It will leave you speechless as well as warms your heart and soul. Well done!!

Received for an honest review.

RATING: 4

HEAT RATING: SWEET

REVIEWED BY: AprilR, courtesy of My Book Addiction and More ( )
  MyBookAddiction | Apr 15, 2014 |

Claire Summers is a determined, independent single mother who is doing her best to make lemonade out of the lemons life has handed her. Keith Watson is a results-oriented workaholic with no time for a social life. As the executive assistant to a local philanthropic businessman, he's used to fielding requests for donations. But when a letter from Claire's eleven-year-old daughter reaches his desk, everything changes. The girl isn't asking for money, but for help finding the long-lost son of an elderly neighbor.

As Keith digs reluctantly into this complicated assignment, he has no idea how intertwined his life and Claire's will become--nor how one little girl's kindhearted request will touch so many lives and reap so many blessings.

Through compelling characters and surprising plot twists, Irene Hannon offers readers this tenderhearted story of family connections that demonstrates how life is like lilacs--the biggest blooms often come only after the harshest winters.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:53 -0400)

"Single mom Claire Summers is doing her best to make lemonade of the lemons life has handed her. Workaholic Keith Watson is interested only in the bottom line--until a letter from Claire's eleven-year-old daughter seeking help finding the long-lost son of a neighbor reaches him and changes everything, bringing love and hope to many lives"--… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,514,096 books! | Top bar: Always visible