My Teacher Is a Monster! (No, I Am Not.) by…

My Teacher Is a Monster! (No, I Am Not.)

by Peter Brown

This was a fun book. I like the message it sends about getting to know people and about possible misconceptions we may have about someone. I liked seeing how Robert's teacher changed in appearance with each page until she looked human again, and then how she was a monster at the very end. It's a funny way to think about how kids might consider their teachers. ( )
  DevDye | Dec 3, 2018 |
Bobby a student in Ms. Kirby's class believes she is a monster because of the way she acts in school. One day, Bobby goes to the park where he sees Ms. Kirby on the bench. Ms. Kirby hat gets blown away by the wind, so Bobby helps to get it. From that point on, Bobby views Ms. Kirby a little differently. This story is cute for young readers to hear although there aren't many words, the pictures are illustrated greatly and are able to help tell the story. ( )
  SavG. | Nov 23, 2018 |
A story of Robert a student who is convinced that his teacher is a monster.
  darianskie | Nov 16, 2018 |
Bobby believes that his teacher Ms. Kirby is a monster because of how she acts while in school. Ms. Kirby stomps, roars, and does not like paper airplanes being thrown in her classroom. One day, Bobby decides to go to the park and finds Ms. Kirby sitting on a bench. Ms. Kirby's hat gets blown away by the wind, and Bobby helps Ms. Kirby grab the hat before it is lost. From that point on, Bobby views Ms. Kirby a little differently. He no longer seeing Ms. Kirby as a monster, until Bobby throws another paper airplane. This book is great for young readers as they start school so that they can understand their teachers a little better. The book itself doesn't have too many words, and the pictures tell most of the story as you see Ms. Kirby change in the eyes of Bobby. Once the book is finished, Bobby and Ms. Kirby have a better relationship that allows Bobby to understand why Ms. Kirby acts the way she does in class that is a good lesson for young students to be given. ( )
  brittburditt | Sep 18, 2018 |
Bobby is in Ms. Kirby's class and see her as a big, green monster! As they get to know eachother one day outside of school, Bobby starts to see his teacher transform into a person. They both realize that we need to be a little more understanding and patient with each other.
  mmoga | Aug 16, 2018 |

Bobby's perspective of his teacher changes after a chance encounter with her on the weekend.

A young boy named Bobby has the worst teacher. She's loud, she yells, and if you throw paper airplanes, she won't allow you to enjoy recess. She is a monster! Luckily, Bobby can go to his favorite spot in the park on weekends to play. Until one day... he finds his teacher there! Over the course of one day, Bobby learns that monsters are not always what they seem.

Each page is filled with "monstrous" details that will have kids reading the story again and again. Peter Brown takes a universal and timeless theme, and adds his own humorous spin to create another winner of a picture book.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:15 -0400)

Bobby thinks his teacher, Ms. Kirby, is horrible, but when he sees her outside of school and they spend a day in the park together, he discovers she might not be so bad after all.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,326,911 books! | Top bar: Always visible