Batman and Robin Volume 4: Requiem for…

Batman and Robin Volume 4: Requiem for Damian

by Peter J. Tomasi

Other authors: Marlo Alquiza (Illustrator.), Patrick Gleason (Illustrator), Mick Gray (Illustrator), Mark Irwin (Illustrator.), Cliff Richards (Illustrator.)

Series: New 52, Batman, Batman and Robin [2011/New 52] (Volume 4 [#18-23])

"Devastated by the death of his son Damian, Batman suddenly finds himself without a Robin-- and without direction in a world that no longer makes sense. Now, the members of Batman's extended family will rally to his side and try to fill the void in his life. ... But can even these friends, family members and lovers help Batman forgive himself for the greatest tragedy he's faced?"--Flap page 1 of dust jacket.… (more)

I thought that this was wel done. Each issue took Batman through a different stage of his grief. Without spoiling anything, Alfred sure has to put up with a lot of crap. ( )
  Eric.Cone | Sep 28, 2017 |
A powerful look at loss and how it can affect people. Batman loses his son Damian during a mission where Damian was being Robin and this breaks Bruce. His friends try to help but he's lost in grief.

Powerful stuff ( )
  wyvernfriend | Oct 29, 2015 |
Oh boy! I read Vol. 3 of this title and it left me eager to continue on and I am hooked with this volume. Batman goes postal!! Wow, is he ever stuck at the anger step of grief. He doesn't kill but he's out on the town debilitating criminals anyway he can with a vengeance. A very dark and broody Batman, more so than ever. Even I wanted him to cheer up and get some closure. The other great thing here is all the Batfamily make appearances, some longer than others, even Catwoman!, to try and help the Bat release the hate and deal with the death. But they all kind of give a bit of detail as to what is going on in their stories too, which I enjoyed, since I read most but not all of the other series. Finally the issue where Batman kidnaps Frankenstein: Agent of S.H.A.D.E. is awesome! There is an interesting new character as well ... could it be the new Robin?? Great volume. I didn't read V1 or 2 but I'll be sure to continue on with 5 now. ( )
  ElizaJane | Jul 5, 2014 |
Wow. The previous three volumes of the Batman and Robin title have been up and down. Solid, but not always my favorite Bat title, but this one. Wow. It was amazing. The first twenty one pages didn’t have one word on them, and yet the story was so obvious and so very impactful. Another single page that I loved was the blue colored page of Two Face flipping his coin with only one word. ‘No’. It just totally hit me solidly in the feels.

Batman goes a little off the deep end, goes really dark, and Alfred tries in every way he can think of (and with the help of everyone Batman has trained, Nightwing, Jason Todd, Batgirl, Red Robin, as well as a team up with Catwoman, and a very weird sorta assist from Frankenstein.

It’s a broodier than usual Batman title (and that’s saying something), but one of the bright spots is the introduction of Carrie Kelley as Damian’s former ‘acting coach’, and then Titus’ dog walker. I’m not sure exactly where they’re going with the character, but for the moment it was an interesting introduction with many possibilities.

I got this advanced galley through Netgalley on behalf of DC Entertainment. ( )
  DanieXJ | Jun 10, 2014 |

Tomasi, Peter J.primary authorall editionsconfirmed
Alquiza, MarloIllustrator.secondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gleason, PatrickIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gray, MickIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Irwin, MarkIllustrator.secondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Richards, CliffIllustrator.secondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Originally published in single magazine form in Batman and Robin 18-23

This paperback collects stories from the rebooted comic book series "Batman and Robin", a part of the The New 52. The paperback is the fourth volume to collect the stories from that series, following "Batman and Robin: Death of the Family". The stories in this paperback were published from May to October, 2013 in "Batman and Robin".

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,765,538 books! | Top bar: Always visible