Wild Ocean: Sharks, Whales, Rays, and Other Endangered Sea Creatures

by Matt Dembicki (Editor)

Other authors: Brooke A. Allen (Contributor), Michael Cowgill (Contributor), JF Frankel (Contributor), Paulina Ganucheau (Illustrator), Pierce Hargan (Contributor)9 more, Jay Hosler (Contributor), Andy K. (Contributor), Pat N. Lewis (Contributor), Steve Loya (Contributor), Dove McHargue (Contributor), Tre' Packard (Foreword), Kevin Panetta (Contributor), Tammy Stellanova (Contributor), Tom Williams (Illustrator)

1541,101,934 (4.5)None
"The world's oceans represent the last wild frontier on Earth. While our understanding of life in the ocean is relatively basic, our actions are putting hundreds of species in danger. In this graphic anthology, Matt Dembicki, editor and an artist of the award- winning Trickster and District Comics, explores the adventures of twelve iconic endangered sea animals: hawksbill turtle, Bluefin tuna, hammerhead shark, giant clam, manatee, blue whale, coral, albatross, whale shark, monk seal, manta ray, and seahorse. Produced in cooperation with the non-profit PangeaSeed, these gripping stories instill a passion to conserve our magnificent sea creatures. 8x8, 156 pages, color throughout, trade paper. PangeaSeed's mission is to contribute to the protection of sharks and the preservation of our oceans by taking responsible action, increasing public awareness, and providing education that encourages environmental activism and sustainable consumption choices"--… (more)

This is a book that talks about the oceans and all the species, mammals, and other creatures that can be found in the ocean. It is very informative, and utilizes realistic pictures to go along with the text. I would use this book with older grades. ( )
  chelseaandrews | May 6, 2016 |
A graphic anthology of stories featuring twelve endangered sea creatures. ( )
  Sullywriter | May 22, 2015 |
Wild Ocean edited by Matt Dembicki is an anthology of short comics about oceanography and marine biology. Topics covered include: sea turtles, sea horses, manatees, among others.

Like Trickster each story involves a different author and artist. How well one likes this type of book depends on how well one knows the topics covered. For me, Wild Ocean works on so many more levels than Trickster and much of that comes down a better working knowledge of marine biology.

There's a lot of humor tucked in with the educational aspects. There is the sea turtle who is controlled by its passengers. There is a rough and tumble manatee, feared by all the younger ones, who is in love with a pirate. ( )
  pussreboots | Dec 4, 2014 |
Edited by a friend and with friends artwork, my rating should be considered with that in mind. ( )
  MikeRhode | Sep 26, 2014 |

Packard, Tre'Forewordsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Panetta, KevinContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Stellanova, TammyContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Williams, TomIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

The world's oceans represent the last wild frontier on Earth. While our understanding of life in the ocean is relatively basic, our actions are putting hundreds of species in danger. In this graphic anthology, Matt Dembicki, editor and artist of the award-winning Trickster and District Comics, explores the adventures of twelve iconic endangered sea animals: hawksbill turtle, bluefin tuna, hammerhead shark, giant clam, manatee, blue whale, coral, albatross, whale shark, monk seal, manta ray, and seahorse. Produced in cooperation with the non-profit PangeaSeed, these gripping stories instill a passion to conserve our magnificent sea creatures.

PangeaSeed's mission is to contribute to the protection of sharks and the preservation of our oceans by taking responsible action, increasing public awareness, and providing education that encourages environmental activism and sustainable consumption choices.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 159,241,698 books! | Top bar: Always visible