inside a broken clock: a modern fable by…

inside a broken clock: a modern fable

by Román Leão

531,436,638 (4.33)None

This book was truly a pleasure to read. I was a bit tentative at first and had to do a bit of backtracking to make sure I had the characters straight (so to speak) but that only lasted for the first few chapters, then it began to, well, not necessarily make sense (which is a good thing in this case) but be followable. It was some time after that when some things started making some kind of sense, though hints were scattered throughout.

The combination of the familiar made unfamiliar (the United States has been divided, wait, maybe that isn't so unfamiliar, but I digress) with a very good plot and some humor mixed in makes this a book well worth reading for readers of drama, thrillers, scifi, and even fantasy.

Reviewed from a copy made available by the publisher via LibraryThing. ( )
  pomo58 | Jun 8, 2015 |
Wow! I have not enjoyed a book this much in quite a while! Took a few chapters to figure out who was connected to who, and some flipping back and forth (I like that though.) I really enjoyed everything about the book, great story, well written, very entertaining! I will be sharing this book with my friends. Really hope to read more from this author! ( )
  nk1271 | May 23, 2015 |
I received a copy of this book from Library Thing in exchange for an honest review.

I felt a lot of mixed emotions about this book. I'm really between 2-stars and 3-stars. The whole journey was very up and down. I started off not really interested in it at all. Then I was engage for a while, but then disengaged again as the plot stretched out past the point of my interest. The story was all over the place, which had its high points, but overall it just felt like rambling.

I didn't connect with any of the characters and had a hard time keeping them all straight as the story jumped all over the place through time and storyline.

They were a lot of interesting aspects: Sasquatch, the mysterious car accident/disappearance, and the devil. But overall I think the concept of the book didn't live up to the actual completion of it.

The tagline "What would happen if time could be manipulated by a mysterious ancient apparatus and the devil was scheming to get his hands on the controls?" really pulled me in. It really makes you think and the idea of the story is very poetic and mind-bending, but the smorgasbord approach to a story just did not do it for me.

Leao is a talented writer, but I don't think his style is right for me. ( )
  CareBear36 | Mar 19, 2015 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Román Leão's book Inside a Broken Clock: A Modern Fable was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Román Leão is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,188,124 books! | Top bar: Always visible