Who Is George Lucas?

by Pam Pollack, Meg Belviso

Other authors: Ted Hammond (Illustrator)

Series: Who Was ...? (Who HQ) (67)

Biography & Autobiography. Juvenile Nonfiction. Performing Arts. Media Studies. HTML:As a child his passions were comics and cars, but George Lucas grew up to be one of the most successful filmmakers of all time. He is a producer, screenwriter, director and entrepreneur whose company Lucasfilms pioneered the movie effects that changed the world of animation. He founded Industrial Light and Magic, which transformed special sound and visual effects throughout the Hollywood film industry. He is best known, of course, as the creator of the Star Wars movie, television, gaming, toy and merchandise empire, as well as the archeologist-adventure series Indiana Jones. Discover the man behind the magic in Who Is George Lucas?
From the Trade Paperback edition..
… (more)

jB
  OakGrove-KFA | Mar 28, 2020 |
jB
  OakGrove-KFA | Mar 28, 2020 |
I really didn’t like reading this book, however my boys are in love with this one. It is a very good intermediate biography, for older elementary grades, and contains a lot of information about George Lucas. I did like the illustrations scattered throughout but color would have made them a bit better. My biggest dislike was the comic book style in the print. For me it was very distracting and unneeded, but again my boys sat and studied it. I liked how the book went into his family vacations with Spielberg, how his wife Marcia was the editor, and the expected failing of Star Wars. The book did one thing that I really loved. The author formatted it in a way that made you want to find more information -information on the movies, on the actors, on his wife, just more. That is awesome, especially for children. ( )
  JaJennings | Sep 21, 2018 |
Who Is George Lucas? by Pamela D. Pollack, Meg Belviso, Ted Hammond (Illustrator) is an excellent story of a young boy with a very big imagination. It follows that boy through adulthood until present, follows the hard work it took and his personal life. It is a great story and one that inspires. Lots of info and great sketches in here too. Great job! Quite a wonderful story that we all are glad he took, what would life be without his work? ( )
  MontzaleeW | Jan 13, 2017 |

Pam Pollackprimary authorall editionscalculated
Belviso, Megmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Hammond, TedIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

From the Trade Paperback edition..

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 208,371,544 books! | Top bar: Always visible