Cliffords Tricks-Lib

Cliffords Tricks-Lib (edition 1994)

Series: Clifford the Big Red Dog (an 8x8 booklet)

When Emily Elizabeth tries to prove to a new neighbor that Clifford can do tricks as well as her dog Bruno, Clifford's tricks wreak havoc, as usual.
Member:EpiphanyPreschool
Title:Cliffords Tricks-Lib
Authors:
Info:Scholastic (1994)
Tags:Holidays - Valentine's Day

Clifford's Tricks by Norman Bridwell

"America's biggest. reddest, most loved dog!"
  lauriehill | Aug 15, 2020 |
Emily Elizabeth and clifford get a new neighbor (martha) that also has a dog (bruno). Clifford and Bruno compete to see who can do a better job at following their commands. Clifford does things a little backwards causing some messes. Suddenly Martha falls in a river, bruno jumps in to help her and clifford jumps in to help them.
1 book
  TUCC | Sep 2, 2016 |
This is one of the books from the popular series of Clifford books. In this story, a new girl named Martha moves into Emily Elizabeth and Clifford's neighborhood. Marth brings her dog, Bruno, over to meet Emily Elizabeth, and Emily Elizabeth lets her meet her dog, Clifford. Martha immediately begins competing with Emily Elizabeth by claiming that her dog was better than Emily Elizabeth's. She said that Bruno could do more tricks and was smarter and braver. While Martha was showing Bruno what to do to prove that he was braver, she fell off a bridge and into the water beneath. In the end, Clifford was the one who was able to save her and she told him that he was the biggest, smartest, and bravest dog she knew.
I would read this book to children in Kindergarten and first grade. Because this book has wonderful pictures, I might would do a picturewalk with the class before I read the book. When I read the book, I would read it when students are learning about animals or bravery. This would be a good book to read on the first day of school because it has to do with children competing with one another, which is something that happens alot on the first day of school. ( )
1 vote MelanieRoss | Sep 28, 2009 |
I love Clifford Books, I think this one would be great to read in class becuase you can do different projects and crafts that have to do with Clifford.
  meallen1 | Sep 9, 2008 |
The Clifford books are generally innocuous enough, but this one sends the wrong message on several levels. Emily Elizabeth and the new girl next door engage in a "my dog is better than your dog" contest, which leads up to the destruction of public property and perilous risk-taking, and all without the gentle humor that H.A. Rey might have brought to similar hijinks. ( )
  clong | Jan 15, 2008 |

Belongs to Series

Clifford the Big Red Dog (an 8x8 booklet)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,637,455 books! | Top bar: Always visible