HomeGroupsTalkExplore

Giraffes Can't Dance (2002)

by Giles Andreae

Other authors: Guy Parker-Rees (Illustrator)

Gerald the giraffe is too clumsy to dance with all the other animals at the Jungle Dance, until he finds the right music.

I read this to my pre school class, the kids really enjoyed it because it is a positive story. I think it is good for showing how compassion / kind words can go a long way.
  Erindignam03 | Dec 15, 2022 |
Independent Reading Level: Grades 1-3
  HannahHayes3000 | Nov 16, 2022 |
I love this book and I love to dance. I did not say I can dance well. This story is about Gerald the Giraffe who attends the yearly Jungle Dance in fear because, when it came to dancing, he was really, very bad. The poetry sways and swings like a dance and comes out of your mouth very smoothly. Though a bit didactic in nature and not particularly realistic in scope, Gerald does find, with the help of a wise of cricket, that he may just need a different song. Finally finding his groove, this book drives home its point that we all have our unique strengths that, in the right context, are pretty impressive. As a teacher, I hope to instill this in students, even if it comes across a little cheesy. ( )
  joshua.moser | Jul 30, 2022 |
Flula Borg read this book aloud on YouTube for SaveTheChildren's #SaveWithStories campaign.
You can see the video on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/HwKWcW7ONqs

All kids love to dance. Flula's voice is melodic and perfect for this book. No one could read it better. ( )
  nab6215 | Jan 18, 2022 |
Cute story. Always a favorite to read to the little ones! ( )
  daffodile | Dec 31, 2021 |

Andreae, Gilesprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Parker-Rees, GuyIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Ceiriog, HuwTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Fletcher, CorinaPaper engineersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Jones, DianaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Information from the Welsh Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to your language.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 182,615,482 books! | Top bar: Always visible