Little knife The Grisha Trilogy, Book 2.75…

Little knife The Grisha Trilogy, Book 2.75 (edition 2014)

by Leigh Bardugo

Series: Grishaverse Series (Companion story)

In this third Grisha Trilogy folk tale from Leigh Bardugo, a young girl's beauty causes discord in her small town, but her father's solution may prove far more dangerous.
Member:HotPinkMess
Title:Little knife The Grisha Trilogy, Book 2.75
Authors:Leigh Bardugo
Info:New York : Tom Doherty Associates, 2014.
Tags:to-read

Work Information

Little Knife by Leigh Bardugo

4/5

- Beautiful storyline
- good writing
- Fast read
- Will feed to your hunger of more from the Grishaverse ( )
  AnrMarri | Aug 1, 2023 |
Spring 2021 (March);
Grishaverse Full Read April/March in preparation for Shadow & Bone TV Series

Always a delight and such a warm wrap-around love. I always madly adore getting to drop into Russian retellings, with their own deep histories and new magical systems. The twists and turns at the ends of these fairytales is always the best parts of these I think.

2016l;
I love the magical twist and reveal at the end of Little Knife, both for the river and for the girl (and what happened to the little town). I love how this starts out as a story we all know and then explodes to something so much more. ( )
  wanderlustlover | Dec 27, 2022 |
Kinda makes me think about a woman, trapped in an abusive relationship, tricking shady outsiders into helping her escape.

Things learned:
- Ownership is a complicated matter, and no living thing can truly be owned fully. Especially not rivers.
- Every free gift is suspect of ulterior motives, unless proven otherwise with, like, ACTUAL PROOF.
- Bardugo can spin a mean short tale, and I would happily read nothing but her shortstories.

RECOMMENDED ( )
  QuirkyCat_13 | Jun 20, 2022 |
❧ audiobook review

Ooooh, this was quiet good. I'm really enjoying these short stories. ( )
  rjcrunden | Feb 2, 2021 |
Thanks to the lovely karen I found this little gem. Leigh Bardugo can write! I love this type of story. At first I didn't think I was going to like Little Knife much because we had the perfect girl. Yeva-her beauty was enough to make men lose their senses, cause fights, yada yada.
Then her father the duke decided it was time for her to marry and figured was for himself to prosper.
Life has a way of not working out like you figure.

bookqueenshelby | Sep 9, 2014 |

Leigh Bardugoprimary authorall editionscalculated
Balbusso, AnnaCover artistsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Balbusso, ElenaCover artistsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 204,558,954 books! | Top bar: Always visible