The Aunt Paradox (Reeves & Worcester…

The Aunt Paradox (Reeves & Worcester Steampunk Mysteries) (original 2014; edition 2014)

by Chris Dolley

HG Wells has a problem. His Aunt Charlotte has borrowed his time machine and won't give it back. Now she's rewriting history! Reggie Worcester, gentleman's consulting detective, and his automaton valet, Reeves, are hired to retrieve the time machine and put the timeline back together. But things get complicated. Dead bodies start piling up behind Reggie's sofa, as he finds himself embroiled in an ever-changing murder mystery. A murder mystery where facts can be rewritten, and the dead don't always stay dead. This 100 page novella is the third instalment in the Reeves and Worcester Steampunk Mysteries. "A fun blend of P.G. Wodehouse, steampunk and a touch of Sherlock Holmes. Dolley is a master at capturing and blending all these elements. More than fascinating, this work is also rip-roaring fun!" - SF Revu… (more)
Member:cyoder44
Title:The Aunt Paradox (Reeves & Worcester Steampunk Mysteries)
Authors:Chris Dolley
Info:Book View Café (2014), Edition: 1, Kindle Edition, 96 pages

The Aunt Paradox by Chris Dolley (2014)

Recently added byprivate library, Colonino, toread1, Jon_Hansen, bishopjoey, alries, xenophon, reading2016
    The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde (LongDogMom)
    LongDogMom: Similar style of writing and humour

English (55)  Swedish (1)  All languages (56)
"As the poet says, ‘In the spring a young automaton’s fancy turns to thoughts of electrical appliances with shapely legs.’" ( )
  Jon_Hansen | Nov 21, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I really enjoyed this story! it was a fun adventure and I loved the time travel aspect involved. The book was exciting and well written. The best part was that the other books within the series aren't required reading to enjoy and understand this story. I thought the story was resolved nicely and I recommend it to anyone who enjoys reading time travel stories. ( )
  JK6113 | Jun 25, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Sadly, I can't write a review for this book I received as an early reviewer. My computer was stolen and that is where I had the e-book stored. I did not have a back-up ... I looked because I really wanted to read the book because it sounded interesting and entertaining.
  knlinwi | May 25, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book was good fun - the third in a series of which I hadn't read the previous two, but enough was explained thoughout the book that I didn't feel I was missing huge amounts of backstory.

Set in the victorian era, the story follows a detective and his automaton valet as they try to solve the mystery of why time appears to be changing.

The story at times got a little confusing with so many different timelines being followed and altered, and the ending felt very abrupt, but all in all it was an enjoyable story that kept me entertained and amused throughout. ( )
  bellymonster | Apr 21, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A fast and amusing read that mixes some familiar characters with a steampunk world. Apparently part 3 in a series but I had no trouble jumping right into it. Well-written story in a pretty ebook edition. ( )
  nerwende | Apr 11, 2015 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Chris Dolley's book The Aunt Paradox was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,576,680 books! | Top bar: Always visible