dismiss

Three Four Knock On My Door (Grasshopper…

Three Four Knock On My Door (Grasshopper Lawns Book 2) (edition 2014)

by E J Lamprey (Author)

412,560,314 (4)2
Second in the whodunit series for armchair detectives everywhere In One Two Buckle My Shoe the engaging Edge and Vivian solved a flurry of murders at Grasshopper Lawns with their new friends Donald and William, but life has now settled back to normal; as normal as it can be in this particular Scottish retirement village, where residents are chosen for their interesting histories. Vivian and William are relishing their lively flirtation, there's a new resident with a dreadful dog, and Sylvia is enjoying the visit of a devoted and handsome nephew. Even the suicide of a young and pretty Kenyan girl doesn't seem to need the murder-solving talents of the four friends.The most exotic visitor is the enigmatic Dallas from Louisiana, with life-changing news for Vivian; but when Death makes a personal call, recent events take on a more sinister aspect. Once again the amateur sleuths of the retirement village combine to solve murder in between unexpected family, winter picnics, mad dogs and Englishmen. Well, Australians. ExcerptEdge nodded at Vivian. "Yes, but Donald has a point. She could have snarled because she recognized him, or he could have just changed his aftershave. The reaction of an extremely xenophobic dog isn't going to count in court.""But if he is the man she tangled with, he won't be thinking about that." William argued. "He opens the door, the dog takes one keek at him and lunges in, and his reaction alone will tell us. If he's surprised that a dog he never met wants to bite him, he's innocent. If he shrieks like a girl and slams the door;""He's normal," Donald finished wryly.… (more)
Member:Bettesbooks
Title:Three Four Knock On My Door (Grasshopper Lawns Book 2)
Authors:E J Lamprey (Author)
Info:(2014), 181 pages, Kindle edition
Collections:read, series, my cover, ku borrowed
Tags:*KU free series, ti-o, au-l, zzz UK Scotland, cozy mystery, zseries of(10), 2020

Three Four Knock On My Door by EJ Lamprey

A cozy whodunit set in a Scottish retirement village, where residents are chosen for their interesting histories. And, the amateur sleuths of the retirement village combine to solve murders. When a young woman is found hanging in the laundry, an apparent suicide, Edge questions the verdict.

A fast, enjoyable read with a cast of characters that is cohesive and likable ( )
  Bettesbooks | Mar 26, 2020 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 143,751,873 books! | Top bar: Always visible