SantaThing signup ends Monday at 12pm Eastern US. Check it out!
dismiss

The Julian chapter : a wonder story by R. J.…

The Julian chapter : a wonder story (original 2014; edition 2014)

by R. J. Palacio

Series: Wonder (2)

A brand new, exclusive chapter from the bestselling, award-winning, and critically acclaimed novel Wonder. Over 1 million people have read Wonder and have fallen in love with Auggie Pullman, an ordinary boy with an extraordinary face. Now readers will have a chance to hear from the book's most controversial character--Julian. From the very first day Auggie and Julian met in the pages of the #1 New York Times bestseller Wonder, it was clear they were never going to be friends, with Julian treating Auggie like he had the plague. And while Wonder told Auggie's story through six different viewpoints, Julian's perspective was never shared. Readers could only guess what he was thinking. Until now. The Julian Chapter will finally reveal the bully's side of the story. Why is Julian so unkind to Auggie? And does he have a chance for redemption?… (more)
Member:KLHtet
Title:The Julian chapter : a wonder story
Authors:R. J. Palacio
Info:New York, NY : Alfred A. Knopf, [2014]

Work Information

The Julian Chapter: A Wonder Story by R. J. Palacio (2014)

English (15)  Spanish (2)  Catalan (1)  All languages (18)
Rating: 97% (4.85 stars) ( )
  melonah | Jan 9, 2021 |
No kids are truly mean.
At first, I didn't want to forgive Julian, not just yet. He wasn't even remorseful for his actions. His parents weren't good for this kids conscience either. However the Julian side of the story was told beautifully and built his feelings carefully to a perfect closure.
It teaches us where mean kids come from and how they can be taught to be kind by showing them real kindness. ( )
  KLHtet | Jun 17, 2020 |
It’s too good!!!!! I read the entire book in one sitting! I feel that many children need to read this book because there is always a child like Julian in everyone’s school. It gives a perspective of the child who is the bully of Auggie from “Wonder”. Not only is the book relatable to children, but it also teaches that a person is not just “a bully”. They can learn and change as well. It offers great advice at the end and I believe this book deserves more attention! It needs to be recommended to all of the children for school reading! It deserves all of the stars!!!! ( )
  sukhmaniminhas8 | Jun 15, 2020 |
3.5 stars

It’s been a few years since I read “Wonder”, but I really liked it. This is one of the shorter spin-offs, told from Julian’s point of view. Julian was the main bully toward Auggie, the boy who came to school with a severely disfigured face. We get to see a bit of Julian’s home life, and his possible motivation for the bullying.

I liked this. Seeing part of Julian’s home life included a visit to his grandmother in Paris, and I loved her story. ( )
  LibraryCin | Aug 24, 2019 |
A great short story written in Julian's perspective. The Grandmother's part almost made me cry. ( )
  Tiffy_Reads | Mar 19, 2018 |

R. J. Palacioprimary authorall editionscalculated
Orcese, AlessandraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,338,271 books! | Top bar: Always visible