Mr. Kiss and Tell

by Rob Thomas, Jennifer Graham

Series: Veronica Mars (Book 2)

"The second Veronica Mars novel, in which she investigates a mysterious crime at The Neptune Grand hotel" --

Going back into the world of Veronica Mars is always an enjoyable experience. Mr. Kiss and Tell follows the story of Veronica Mars after The Thousand Dollar Tan Line. Some of the story lines from the recent movie are also addressed. I was really glad to see Logan back in Veronica's life. We learn more about what happened to Logan after Veronica left Neptune and went off to college, including why he joined the Navy. Keith is still investigating Sheriff Lamb, this time with the purpose of a lawsuit being brought by Eli/Weevil for wrongful arrest. In addition, there is now a woman from Keith's past running against Lamb for the job of sheriff. Veronica's mystery involves the beating and rape of a young woman. The case becomes muddied when the victim is revealed to be a prostitute, but this does not deter Veronica. The core characters remain the same and their stories continue to build. Veronica's voice and sense of humor come through loud and clear in this story. I hope there will be another installment of this wonderful series. ( )
  ftbooklover | Oct 12, 2021 |
  ftbooklover | Oct 12, 2021 |
And another great Veronica Mars book is read! This book feels more polished and tighter than the previous one and would have made for a great season on TV.

It picks up right after the first book, picking up and developing threads from there. The election was a nice side-story, making it interesting going forward. Eli's trial and eventual ending felt a bit rushed, but I can live with that. Some other threads are wrapped up, too, though I felt Keith's story needs more closure before we can let go.

The mystery this time was quite interesting. However, its execution felt a bit rote, as in some of the issues were solved in a very strange, convoluted way. The ending was a lot different than previous Mars stories, so that was very cool and unexpected. You get to a see a new side of Mars, which I think will be exciting to follow in coming books!

I hope there's another one coming. Wish they'd bring back the TV show (or make another movie), but that's not happening anytime soon, so I'll settle for another Mars book! ( )
  bdgamer | Sep 10, 2021 |
I think this meanders a bit too much compared to the first book, but it has things to it that I like - Logan's pivot in the movie makes a bit more sense now, and while I initially didn't care for the resolution of the mystery in retrospect it seems suitably Marsy. I wish there were more of these to read. ( )
  skolastic | Feb 2, 2021 |
A highly enjoyable, readable noir mystery featuring my favorite wise-cracking detective. There is more Logan in this novel, but a deplorable lack of Wallace. Let's balance it out in Book 3, yes? ( )
  DrFuriosa | Dec 4, 2020 |

Rob Thomasprimary authorall editionscalculated
Graham, Jennifermain authorall editionsconfirmed
Lowman, RebeccaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Veronica Mars (Book 2)
It was raining in Neptune.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,261,678 books! | Top bar: Always visible