Loving Mr. Daniels

by Brittainy C. Cherry

To Whom it May Concern, It was easy to call us forbidden and harder to call us soulmates. Yet I believed we were both. Forbidden soulmates. When I arrived to Edgewood, Wisconsin I didn't plan to find him. I didn't plan to stumble into Joe's bar and have Daniel's music stir up my emotions. I had no clue that his voice would make my hurts forget their own sorrow. I had no idea that my happiness would remember its own bliss. When I started senior year at my new school, I wasn't prepared to call him Mr. Daniels, but sometimes life happens at the wrong time for all the right reasons. Our love story wasn't only about the physical connection. It was about family. It was about loss. It was about being alive. It was silly. It was painful. It was mourning. It was laughter. It was ours. And for those reasons alone, I would never apologize for loving Mr. Daniels. -Ashlyn Jennings… (more)

English (6)  Italian (1)  All languages (7)
a ill too much crying, that is the only complaint. otherwise. awesomeness ( )
  amandasgoodbooks | Jul 3, 2021 |
I was pleasantly surprised by this story. While the affair was not as sordid I thought it was going to be, it did bring just the right amount of taboo to the story. I appreciate that the author didn't make it too over the top. This made the story more real.

Both characters, in my opinion, were very young. While a 3 year age gap seems like a lot when you are 19 and 22. At 25 and 28 not so much and even less as you get older. There is several years difference between myself and my spouse which is no big deal. It is the aspect of the teacher-student relationship that is, or should be, the deal breaker. However, they are both consenting adults.

I liked that they both had traumatic experiences that drew them together. It made for a great way to give the characters something to bond over. I will definitely read more from this author.
  purpledog | Sep 2, 2020 |
My review:

It took me a very long time to read this book, because it was so intense and emotional. Brittainy Cherry is an amazing author. She has the power to drag you into the book, and experience every nuance with the characters. This book broke my heart little by little with every page I read. Every time I thought that this is it, it just cannot get any worse... IT DID! I had to put it down and walk away quite a few times. I just got too emotional. Thank goodness I knew that it had a HEA, otherwise I just don't know if I would have made it through.

That said. I am a fan. This was brilliant, heartbreaking, real. Please keep on writing! I will definitely devour every book that you write!

Synopsis:

To Whom it May Concern,

When I arrived to Edgewood, Wisconsin I didn’t plan to find him. I didn't plan to stumble into Joe's bar and have Daniel's music stir up my emotions. I had no clue that his voice would make my hurts forget their own sorrow. I had no idea that my happiness would remember its own bliss.

When I started senior year at my new school, I wasn’t prepared to call him Mr. Daniels, but sometimes life happens at the wrong time for all the right reasons.

Our love story wasn’t only about the physical connection.

It was ours.

And for those reasons alone, I would never apologize for loving Mr. Daniels.

-Ashlyn Jennings (Amazon.com) ( )
  Emmie217 | Jun 27, 2018 |
58 post-it dopo, questo libro si conferma uno dei miei preferiti.
Non è perfetto, ma come incanta Mr. Daniels, nessuno. ( )
  jeky91 | Jun 15, 2018 |
It was okay.

this book was alright I guess, but definitely not my favorite (or anywhere close to my favorite). The storyline was weak and predictable and it was borderline corny. I think it was probably written for teenagers but I read a lot of young adult books that are well written and extremely enjoyable...this wasn't one of them.
  JordanAshleyPerkins | Jan 26, 2017 |

To Whom it May Concern,

Our love story wasn’t only about the physical connection.

It was ours.

And for those reasons alone, I would never apologize for loving Mr. Daniels.

-Ashlyn Jennings

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,215,923 books! | Top bar: Always visible