Thea of Oz: Book One of the Ozite Cycle (Volume 1)

by Rebecca A. Demarest

1271,278,048 (3.8)None
Hundreds of years have passed since Dorothy first went to Oz. Since then, global warming has caused devastating storms that strip our world and dump the detritus on Oz, including the occasional refugee. Thea is one such traveler, and she's been on Oz since she was a young child. Little does she know that she is in fact the direct descendent of the fabled Gale girl, which has just come to the attention of the green-skinned Minister of Trade. Accompanied by her disdainful cat Mrow, Thea must confront the villainy that her ancestors fomented all those years ago.… (more)

I always enjoy stories that expand known fictional worlds and Rebecca Demarest does a fantastic job taking the reader back to the Land of Oz. I enjoyed Thea's perspective and I loved the fact that the human world and Oz are trade partners. I can completely understand how this would be a real possibility, taking a fictional world and adding real world situations. Rebecca is a fantastic writer and I look forward to the next book of the series. ( )
  Eric_S_Hubbard | Jul 10, 2020 |
I enjoyed reading this book about Oz years after Dorothy visited. It was just a short story, and can be quickly read, but was fun and entertaining. It could have used a little bit more massaging, but I like the ideas and the story and would be interested in reading more of the Ozite Cycle books. ( )
  aeisen | Oct 3, 2014 |
I liked this little book. Cannot wait for the next one. Wish I didn't have to wait for a whole year though.
  jlebeane | Aug 22, 2014 |
I really love the idea behind this piece. The illustrations are hand drawn and it is a series. It is short (around 30 pages), so it is a quick read. I loved the Wizard of Oz and hated Wicked, so I wondered which side of the aisle I would up in. I really enjoyed it!
  kellybflynn | Aug 5, 2014 |
What a nice little jaunt back to Oz this is. There is a wonderful young girl who must face peril from the west of Oz, a mother figure, a inventive pet and terrible danger for both earth and Oz from a machine that can accomplish the crossing from one place to the other without the harm that usually accompanies the trip.
Sure to please Oz fans although this is only about 30 pages so I am certain readers will be longing for more. ( )
  TomDonaghey | Jul 24, 2014 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Rebecca A. Demarest's book Thea of Oz was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Rebecca A. Demarest is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 155,571,886 books! | Top bar: Always visible