Hidden Power by Tracy Lane

Title:Hidden Power
Authors:Tracy Lane
Info:
Rating:*****
Tags:ARC, early reviewer, fantasy, young adult

Hidden Power by Tracy Lane

ARC (2) Early Reviewers (6) ebook (3) fantasy (6) fiction (1) June 14 (1) Kindle (2) LTER (1) magic (1) romance (1) sf (1) teen (1) young adult (2)

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
The book is set in another world, full of magic and slightly unusual creatures. A dark Mage is attempting to take over the ruling Mage council and it's up to two teenagers to try and stop him and prevent the destruction of the world as they know it.

An engaging middle grade/Early YA novel, this book was easy to read and held my attention throughout. It's clearly the first in a series and sets up for the next one in the epilogue, but it is a fully-contained story in its own right, packed with magic and suspense. ( )
  bellymonster | Dec 5, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I got this as an early reviewer, and was generally impressed with the magic and world-building in Hidden Power. My only regret was that the book seemed rushed toward the end, as if the author felt she needed to limit the number of pages she wrote, so the narrative felt unbalanced.

It is very clear that this is an early book, and could certainly have benefited from better editing and more masterful story design, but overall, it would be a quick and enjoyable read for anyone who likes young-adult fantasy with a tiny bit of romance but mostly interesting magic. ( )
  smiturn | Apr 7, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Finally got around to reading this book. I won this book through www.librarything.com in exchange for an honest review. It was "okay." It flowed well & was easy to read. The main characters in this book were running from a dangerous Dark Mage, Kronus. I should have "felt" the danger, but I didn't. Also, there really were quite a few inconsistencies throughout the book. One thing would be said but a character would go ahead & do the opposite. And there were at least two places where a character just kinda "magically" knew some information that they really shouldn't have known. No, it wasn't a matter of "magic" helping them know it. And the love part just kinda seemed like it came out of nowhere..the author didn't adequately lead up to it.

All in all, it was a pleasant read with a straight forward plot. It might be good for someone who has never read other books in the Fantasy genre..but people who have read many Fantasy books will probably be disappointed. This is the only book by this author that I've read & she does have other books before this one. Hopefully, those are better. ( )
  DelennDax7 | Jan 25, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I love this type and it didn't hold back for me. Lots of suspense, magic, the slow realization for characters, the development for characters. The plot moves at a good pace with lots happening keeping the reader engaged and entertained. There is the possibility of a whole collection in a series following this book and I hope the author doesn't hold back. ( )
  loopyem | Oct 29, 2014 |
Once again Tracy Lane has spun a tale that will draw her readers into the world of magic, good and evil. A masterful storyteller, Lane does a great job of fleshing out her main characters, Aurora and Kayne, and will have her audience turning the pages in anticipation. I think her Middle Grade and Young Adult readers will find this a compelling tale. ( )
  judypierce | Oct 7, 2014 |

Tracy Lane is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Hidden Power by Tracy Lane was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,297,344 books! | Top bar: Always visible