Is the Planet Full?

by Ian Goldin (Editor)

Other authors: Anthony B. Atkinson (Contributor), H. Charles J. Godfray (Contributor), Ian Goldin (Introduction), Ian Goldin (Contributor), Sarah Harper (Contributor)6 more, Anthony Hartwell (Contributor), Ian Johnson (Contributor), Yadvinder Malhi (Contributor), Mark New (Contributor), Robyn Norton (Contributor), Toby Ord (Contributor)

6None2,653,067NoneNone
What are the impacts of population growth? Can our planet support the demands of the ten billion people anticipated to be the world's population by the middle of this century? While it is common to hear about the problems of overpopulation, might there be unexplored benefits of increasing numbers of people in the world? How can we both consider and harness the potential benefits brought by a healthier, wealthier and larger population? May more people mean more scientists to discover how our world works, more inventors and thinkers to help solve the world's problems, more skilled people to put these ideas into practice? In this book, leading academics with a wide range of expertise in demography, philosophy, biology, climate science, economics and environmental sustainability explore the contexts, costs and benefits of a burgeoning population on our economic, social and environmental systems.… (more)
Recently added bygrahamhay, CBE-library, sjcmce, TheoSmit

Norton, RobynContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Ord, TobyContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Current Discussions

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 207,112,543 books! | Top bar: Always visible