dismiss

The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey

The Girl at Midnight (edition 2015)

by Melissa Grey (Author)

Series: Girl at Midnight (1)

"A girl, who's adopted and raised by a race of creatures with feathers for hair and magic in their veins, becomes involved in an ancient war and a centuries-old love, discovering startling truths about the world she lives in"--
Member:Tip44
Title:The Girl at Midnight
Authors:Melissa Grey (Author)
Info:Delacorte Press (2015), 368 pages
Rating:*****

The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey

Recently added bysmm21, Tip44, aelizben, theoriginalbree, private library, RachelEWard, Kalal, DML-SC, ca.bookwyrm

The audio version is excellent. So well read I couldn't decide if I should keep listening and deal with the suspense or go to the book for instant gratification! ( )
  Tip44 | Jun 30, 2020 |
Takes too long to get started, action scenes are dull, and the characters bore me. ( )
  Kalal | May 27, 2020 |
After eight chapters or so, this just isn't grabbing me, so I'm setting it aside. A little too much teenagerness going on so far, not quite enough of the fascinating world.
  cupiscent | Aug 3, 2019 |
This one was... just okay. The concept of the Avicen is interesting, but I didn’t click with any of the characters. There was a lot of running around, but not a lot of depth. I can see why other people really liked this one, but it’s not for me. ( )
  Morteana | Jan 11, 2019 |
This book was surprisingly good, it was just one of those books that you pick up at the library, as you do. It didn't call out to me or anything, I just grabbed and signed it out.

The imagery was fantastic, I really enjoyed picturing this world and what a part-bird part-dragon might look like. Echo is definitely one of my more favorite characters this year. She is a smart-ass, independent, young woman with the world's biggest chip on her shoulder, and did I mention she's a thief; world class from what I read.

If you haven't started reading this series, I highly recommend it. I've only read one and I'm hooked. ( )
  thebacklistbook | Mar 20, 2018 |

Belongs to Series

To the midnight society
The Ala had gone to the library in search of hope.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 147,652,075 books! | Top bar: Always visible