Lullabies by Lang Leav

Lullabies

by Lang Leav

Set to a musical theme, love's poetic journey in this new, original collection begins with a Duet and travels through Interlude and Finale with an Encore popular piece from the best-selling Love & Misadventure. Lang Leav's evocative poetry speaks to the soul of anyone who is on this journey. Leav has an unnerving ability to see inside the hearts and minds of her readers. Her talent for translating complex emotions with astonishing simplicity has won her a cult following of devoted fans from all over the world. Lang Leav is a poet and internationally exhibiting artist.… (more)

I need more poetry in my life, but not this poetry. There were a handful (and I'm being generous by saying a handful) of gems in Lang Leav's "Lullabies" but most of this was fairly terrible... as in lovelorn musings that any high school age student could produce.

This was definitely disappointing. ( )
  amerynth | Dec 5, 2019 |
A masterpiece. This is a real masterpiece ( )
  joyishhh | Feb 24, 2019 |
Lullabies is more of the same that was in Lang Leav’s Love & Misadventure. A few poems strayed away from the love theme and they were by far the better poems. I was disappointed that her poetry didn’t grow between the books. ( )
  wellreadcatlady | Oct 4, 2018 |
I love Lang Leav but out of this book I really liked 2 or 3 poems. I don't like her short stories at all, in my opinion she should stick to poetry. And graphics cause she is doing a great job. I had to give it this low rating because of the one too many short stories that just put the beauty of the poems in a shadow. ( )
  Denicbt | Feb 5, 2018 |
Rating: 3.5

I had high hopes on these poetry books of this author because they are always in the bestseller list in our local bookstores here. So I was really curious on what's the hype and give some time to read them. Just like my review on her book Love & Misadventure, I was thinking that maybe I was neither in love or heartbroken that's why I cannot fully grasp those poems. But I guess it's not me because there are other not-so-good reviews about this.

Still, regardless of the low rating I gave and the bad review, I found some good poems in this book such as When, An Artist in Love, Forewarned, The Dream, The Poet, Perfect, Ode to Sorrow, and

Almost.

While the short stories I enjoyed are Patience

Dyslexia

Dead Poets, Despondency, and Nostalgia for Today ( )
  fugou | Aug 14, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,805,366 books! | Top bar: Always visible