HomeGroupsTalkExplore

Deep Redemption

by Tillie Cole

Series: Hades Hangmen MC (4)

ONLY THROUGH BLOOD CAN THE DEEPEST REDEMPTION BE FOUND...He was born to ascend.He was destined to lead.He was never meant to fail.Prophet Cain lies broken and defeated on the floor of his cell. A cell he has been thrown into by the one person who was supposed to stand by his side until the end. His flesh and blood, his only companion. His beloved twin brother.Cain has sacrificed everything for his people. He left the safety and security of his life of study to infiltrate the infamous Hades Hangmen. He lived with them, rode with them, and then betrayed them. All in the name of a faith he can now feel slipping away from him. Like everything else he once held dear...But then his isolation is broken. Another prisoner is brought to the cell next to his. A woman fighting her own demons and fears. A woman who Cain understands needs him, as he needs her. As the connection between them grows, so does Cain's resolve. He will right the wrongs he has done. He will atone for the evil acts carried out in his name. He will save the one he loves...... Even if the battle takes him to the gates of hell itself. Contemporary Dark Romance. Contains explicit sexual situations, violence, sensitive and taboo subjects, offensive language, and mature topics. Recommended for age 18 years and up.… (more)

I have to admit, I had to debate for a while before I got and read this book. I really didn't like Rider/Cain after all the things that have happened in the other books, especially after the second one. But, I figured that I would give the book a chance, maybe Tillie Cole would be able to do something to actually redeem him in my eyes.

Cain spent 5 years as Rider, a member of the Hades Hangmen. Now that his uncle, the Prophet David, has died, he's the Prophet Cain. With his twin brother, Judah, at his side, he's going to rule their church and lead his people on to where they should go. The problem is that Cain really doesn't feel like he fits in and he doesn't think that he can do his job. When he finds out that things he didn't think were happening were actually happening and is betrayed, he suffers, terribly.

Harmony has been staying in a commune in Puerto Rico. Her guardians have been hiding her so that she won't be cast as a Cursed, but when that happens and it's decided that she's going to have to marry the new Prophet, she knows that she must do her duty. But, then she meets someone else and things drastically change.

OK, the twists in this were totally a surprise to me. Sometimes I can see some of them, and there was one that I kind of guessed, but the biggest one was a total shocker. I loved how it worked out though. It was pretty awesome.

The ending though, that was totally devastating. Broke my heart altogether and I sat and cried and cried over it.

I do find Cain's name interesting. I mean, in the Bible, Cain is the one who murdered his brother, and to have the mark of Cain was to be marked as evil, so for the heir to the prophet to be given that name was an interesting choice. Of course, it could be argued that he did murder his brothers in a way, since he betrayed the Hangmen the way that he did. One of those things to keep thinking about, I think. Every time I read this book, I'm sure it will be in my head. ( )
  tetisheri | Aug 15, 2020 |
This series...

This series just gets better and better. I'm invested in these amazing characters that this Sutherland has created and the amazing world building she has done.

This book hurt A LOT. I was gutted at certain parts and the guilt that Rider felt.I'm hoping things smooth over for him soon. ( )
  MagicalRi | Apr 15, 2019 |

Tillie Coleprimary authorall editionscalculated
Harding, J. F.Narratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pappas, AthenaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Five years ago. . .

Hades' soulless black eyes stared down at me.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 182,815,495 books! | Top bar: Always visible