Heart Recaptured (Hades Hangmen, #2)

by Tillie Cole

Series: Hades Hangmen (2)

Even salvation can be delivered through the love of the damned...Beauty can be a curse.Faith can be a cage.Only love can set you free.A few long weeks after being reluctantly ripped from the comforting embrace of her sacred prophet's religious commune ʻ́t́he only life she has ever known Ł ʻ́á terrified Delilah is thrust into a world enveloped by evil and swimming in sin.Steadfastly devout in her faith, and retaining the deep belief that her soul is innately tarnished as a branded 'Cursed woman of Eve', Delilah is determined to find her way home to her people in The Order and away from the corrupt and damned outlaw motorcycle club Ł ʻ́T́he Hades Hangmen Ł ʻ́ẃho hold her at their secluded compound for her protection Ł ʻ́á 'protection' she strongly resents.Delilah yearns to return home, convinced that only amongst her own people, and under the holy guidance of the Lord's revealed prophet, can her Satan-spawned soul be truly saved. Conditioned her entire life to believe she is a witch... a life-long temptress... the devil's whore... Delilah increasingly resents her beautiful face, her shapely body and her sensuous effect on men. But when a man of the motorcycle club Ł ʻ́á deeply sinful yet stunningly beautiful man Ł ʻ́ís charged with her care, Delilah begins to see that this dangerous and moralless sinner from the 'outside' may offer her something she did not know could truly exist: unconditional love.Kyler 'Ky' Willis loves his life: a daily abundance of brotherhood, liquor, the freedom of the open-road and Ł ʻ́b́est of all Ł ʻ́h́is pick of hot women. Raised a biker brat and now VP of the most notorious MC in the States, Ky has no shortage of club sluts warming his bed; a situation he takes full advantage of... until a certain blonde enters his life... a gorgeous pilgrim-blonde he can't get out of his head... a pilgrim-blonde he and his club recently-rescued from some backward religious cult... and a pilgrim-blonde he's been ordered to keep the hell away from and his whorish hands off.When yet another in a lengthy line of drunken blunders forces Ky to reluctantly take charge of the pilgrim-blonde's care, he realizes that there could be more to this woman than just supermodel looks and a stacked set of tits. He begins to see that she could be the woman who could do the impossible Ł ʻ́t́ame his wild ways and capture his reluctant heart.But the unyielding bonds of Lilah's past are strong, her 'people' determined and, with a new Prophet in charge and hell bent on revenge, they are mightily reluctant to let her go...Dark Contemporary Romance.Contains explicit sexual situations, violence, disturbingly sensitive and taboo subjects, offensive language, and very mature topics.Recommended for age 18 years and up*… (more)

Wow. I mean, wow. I'm not sure what else to say about this book. I thought the first one was intense, but that one doesn't hold a patch on Heart Recaptured. I just can't get over everything in this book. Seriously. Lilah is so amazingly, profoundly broken, and she fractures more in this book.

Lilah, as one of the Cursed, was isolated, abused, and molested. When her sister Mae is kidnapped and brought back the cult they were both members of, her lover and his motorcycle club come to get her back. During that raid, they rescue Lilah and Maddie. One of her rescuers was Ky, the second in charge in the club. He's struck by her beauty and is seriously attracted to her. But since she has spent her entire life hearing that she's got the Devil inside her and she has the power to tempt a man and hold him under his spell, she is sure she's sinning, somehow.

Ky is a big old slut. He likes women and he will go out and do any and every woman possible. He doesn't want to be tied down to anyone. His dad always told him to not worship any women. So, why can't he get Lilah out of his head?

I really hate this cult. They are a bunch of hypocrites, and what their elders are able to do in the name of their religion should get them castrated, at the very least. I'm pretty sure that I can come up with some worse things to happen to them, if I think about it hard enough. I hope that the Hangmen end up wiping them off the face of the earth somehow. What they did to Lilah and how they warped and fractured her is just beyond cruel and torture. Tillie does almost too well at describing the inner workings of the cult and their thinking. I'm horrified by their choices, but it makes for good reading.

Now that I've finished this one, it's on to the next one and to see what happens with Maddie. ( )
  tetisheri | Aug 15, 2020 |
Holy hell

My heart can hardly handle what these woman endured. This is MC at it finest. Raw, gritty, real, and ruthless.

This author has me hooked. ( )
  MagicalRi | Apr 15, 2019 |
Se possibile è perfino più crudo del primo, ma quanto è scritto bene! ( )
  jeky91 | Jun 15, 2018 |
I didn't expect not to like this book. I gave the first book 4 stars. In fact, I bought the first 3 books based on all the amazing reviews. While there are warnings for the book that it is dark, I didn't imagine it would be so offensive to me.
The first book dealt with some pretty tough issues, but I thought it was well written and tastefully done. True, the events were hard to handle, but I loved both H and h, and I thought it was well done. This book felt like almost the same exact plot and major events, but it was opposite on one regard... everything was to the extreme. Nothing was tastefully done... just in my face. I didn't like Ky... he was crude and disgusting to the extreme. Lilah was so bizarre with all the fanatic religious weirdness. The fact that she even younger than Mae was in book one was just more disturbing, gross and too difficult for me to read about.
There were a lot of "Bitches" in this book! This word was completely overused (69 times) and really sucked. The worst line for me was when she was in the hospital and Ky asked the Dr., "The bitch, she okay?" UUGGGHHH does the man have any tact? Any manners?
I'm going to go ahead and read book 3 since I already bought it, and I'm hopeful that it will be done more in the style of book 1. If not, then book 3 may be the end of the series for me. I know that I'm a minority with my 1 star, but it is what is.
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,826,481 books! | Top bar: Always visible