We Should Hang Out Sometime: Embarrassingly,…

We Should Hang Out Sometime: Embarrassingly, a true story

by Josh Sundquist

Update: Full review is up on Bestie Book Blog!

Hovering somewhere between 2.5 and 3 stars. Full review scheduled to be up on the blog tomorrow! ( )
  EliseLaForge | Nov 20, 2018 |
A fun and quick read. For teens; true story about a boy who has his leg amputated and how that affects his life. Very funny.
  lummigirl | Jul 18, 2018 |
Fun story about Sundquist's relationships gone wrong. He had his leg amputated at the hip because of cancer at the young age. He tells funny encounters that he has with girls. Though many of the encounters have to do with his missing leg or his prosthetic leg, teenagers will relate. It is a great book about accepting yourself and having confidence in who you are.
  heidimaxinerobbins | Jul 8, 2018 |
Read my full review of the book at seriesousbookreviews.com! Spoiler Free!

It takes a lot of guts to admit your embarrassing dating stories to your friends; but to write a book and share it with the world? Now that's bold and takes a lot of guts. Not that anything is extremely embarrassing--it's actually pretty typical and realistic. But I could see why, looking back, that it is embarrassing ;) Whether or not all those things happened? I'm sure they are embelished a bit, but it sure is entertaining!

The semiscientific approach was a cute way of analyzing the events without it being like an essay. It kept the flow going and definitely added to the humorous tones of the novel.

Full Review: http://wp.me/p3txrs-14c
  seriesousbooks | Feb 7, 2018 |
I save one star reviews for books I couldn't finish because they make me so mad I hurl them across the room. The only thing that saved this book from that fate was my recognition of how it feels to be so awkward and overthink-ful. It just might have been nice if the dude could have shown some of that empathy for the girls in this book.

A good memoir shows growth and realization, but it became clear very quickly that the other never got around to learning - or maybe just caring - that any of the girls had actual feelings of their own. Prime example: he makes the grand romantic gesture of flying out to watch his almost-girlfriend compete in the Miss America pageant. Not registering the fact that she might be, you know DISTRACTED and BUSY at this event she's spent the better part of her life preparing for. He's hurt when she's not excited to see him, and when she's knocked out early in the competition, he doesn't even text to see if she's okay, much less EVER TALK TO HER AGAIN.

The worst was in the final chapter, when a girl at a club is talking to him and he spends a couple of pages talking about how he's too polite to blow her off for the girl he's actually interested in. (Lord & Lady, save us from the "nice guys.") Then he gets indignant: "Eventually I broke free of the conversation with Girl Number One (who, as it turned out, had a boyfriend - so why was she even asking about my tie in the first place?)" [emphasis his]

Ugghhhh. ( )
  chelseaknits | Dec 14, 2017 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 031625102X, Hardcover)

Josh Sundquist only ever had one girlfriend.
For twenty-three hours.
In eighth grade.

Why was Josh still single? To find out, he tracked down the girls he had tried to date and asked them straight up: What went wrong?

The results of Josh's semiscientific, wholly hilarious investigation are captured here. From a disastrous Putt-Putt date involving a backward prosthetic foot, to his introduction to CFD (Close Fast Dancing), to a misguided "grand gesture" at a Miss America pageant, this story is about looking for love -- or at least a girlfriend -- in all the wrong places.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:58:46 -0400)

The Paralympic ski racer, YouTube star, and motivational speaker documents his coming of age as an amputee cancer survivor and his efforts to investigate past dates gone wrong to discover why he was still single.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,831,068 books! | Top bar: Always visible