All Broke Down

by Cora Carmack

Series: Rusk University (2)

In life, you can't only fight for what you believe in . . .sometimes you have to fight for what you love Dylan fights for lost causes. Probably because she used to be one. Environmental issues, civil rights, education-you name it, she's probably been involved in a protest. When her latest cause lands her in jail for a few hours, she meets Silas Moore. He's in for a different kind of fighting. And though he's arrogant and not at all her type, she can't help being fascinated with him. Yet another lost cause. Football and trouble are the only things that have ever come naturally to Silas. And it's trouble that lands him in a cell next to do-gooder Dylan. He's met girls like her before-fixers, he calls them, desperate to heal the damage and make him into their ideal boyfriend. But he doesn't think he's broken, and he definitely doesn't need a girlfriend trying to change him. Until, that is, his anger issues and rash decisions threaten the only thing he really cares about, his spot on the Rusk University football team. Dylan might just be the perfect girl to help. Because Silas Moore needs some fixing after all.… (more)

English (10)  Dutch (1)  All languages (11)
As searching through my goodreads reviews, I noticed that I hadn't review All Broke Down or All Played Out so I decided to do some re reading for the Holiday and do some reviews for these treasures. There is something very unique about All Broke Down and as a whole the Rusk University series.

The Key Players of All Broke Down

Silas Moore: The running back "bad boy" of the team, always tending to get into trouble, but his talent is football.
Dylan---is motivated by protests and believing in what is right. She doesn't involve herself in the athletic circle.

All Broke Down begins when Silas, reluctantly joins up with his ex best friend at a bar after he gets released from jail. But soon realizes that he doesn't care for his ex friend anymore and through a fit of anger he ends up in a bar fight and now is in jail and he meets up with Dylan and her friend who ended up there over a protestation they had participated in.
“You’re really hitting on me? After we just met in jail?”
“Is it working?”

So we then see the strong connection that they have from first meeting and even though they are so different from each other, they have a connection they want to explore. Silas is dealing with some drama. His mother is causing problems for him, the team has been completely changed since their head QB ended up in prison over drug dealing and Silas is dealing with some difficult anger management problems. Silas knows that he will need to change and soon or he could lose the one thing that he is good at. He struggles with his classes and has hardly any family to support him, but he is good at football and its what he loves. Dylan is completely different from Silas. Dylan is sexy and sweet and at first they become good friends and some sizzling chemistry erupts between the games and the books.
Except I’m starting to think that the idea of “belonging” anywhere is false. We go through our whole lives thinking that we belong in one place and not in another. We think certain ideas and actions have to be relegated to the tiny little boxes we place them in. What if we just react instead? What if we take whatever the world gives us and instead of focusing on what it isn’t, we enjoy what it is?

What I have always tended to enjoy about this book is the depth of growth in our characters. This is where Cora Carmack's talent truly lies, is making these characters come alive off of the pages. And boy Silas and Dylan together is pure poetry. They just seem to click in all of the right ways and its interesting to see these unqiue dynamics come into play. We also see some great effort from Silas to change his life. In book one, I will admit he is not my favorite side character. He definitely likes to party and tends to get into fights. So we see how he deals with his issues from the past and change who he is to become who he really wants to be. There is so much vulnerability in Silas and we see a completely different side to him and I was totally cheering him on in the beginning. And boy I love seeing his team and his coaches push him but also the way they believe in him despite the mistakes he makes is simply breathtaking and riveting at times.

I will never get enough of this author or this series who breathes new life into New Adult Romance!! SUPERBLY WRITTEN!! ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 29, 2019 |
I did not love this one as much as I loved the first one. ( )
  SimplyKelina | Jul 17, 2018 |
Want to know if the whole series is worth reading? Read my overall review of the whole series at seriesousbookreviews.com! Spoiler Free!

I just finished All Broke Down and I have to say, I enjoyed it more than All Lined Up by just a smidgen.

While the feelings for the two leads progressed more quickly than I normally like (not quite love at first sight but more insta-connection) I really felt like they were a good pair. The sexual tension was even better than All Lined Up and I loved watching everything unfolding.

Before I knew it I was halfway through the book and just kept plowing through it. While I feel like some things were left a little unresolved, it wasn't enough to truly upset me and I have a feeling the next book will help wrap everything up.

Full Review: http://wp.me/p3txrs-ve
  seriesousbooks | Feb 7, 2018 |
The narrator was very good, the story was above meh. Predictable NA romantic above meh. That's it. ( )
  TheYodamom | Feb 17, 2016 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,471,475 books! | Top bar: Always visible