Love, Lies and Lemon Cake by Sue Watson

Love, Lies and Lemon Cake

by Sue Watson

When Faye meets Dan, the gorgeous Australian surfer guy working in the local deli she can't help but wonder. He is blonde, tanned, ten years younger and bakes the most amazing lemon cake. Unlike her husband, Dan actually listens to Faye and his smile makes her feel dizzy inside. Could she give up everything to be with him?… (more)

English (7)  Italian (1)  All languages (8)
as soon as I started this book, I adored it. its a great thought provoking read that many ladies, including myself, can associate with. I would definitely tell my friends to read this book that makes you laugh and drool all at the same time ( )
  TheReadingShed | Aug 25, 2019 |
Love, Lies and Lemon Cake by Sue Watson is a funny book. There were parts were I laughed out loud. Other times it was poignant. It was a fast book to read.

I gave it four stars.

"Perhaps she finally realised that despite its glittery appearance, the wheel she was running on was going nowhere, & if she didn't get off she'd keep running nowhere for the rest of her life." Faye Dobson could relate. She felt trapped in her marriage with Craig & in her job at Curl Up & Dye.

She needed a change. She found one. She was off on a grand adventure.

I received a complimentary copy from Bookouture & NetGalley. That did not change my opinion for this review. ( )
  carolyninjoy | Jun 17, 2016 |
Beautiful, funny, heart-warming story of a mid-life woman starting over.

I really enjoyed this book. It's well-written, and I love Faye. Even though I'm not in the same situation in life as she was, I could still identify with her and the struggles she faced when she realized that her life was in a rut with a man she didn't have anything in common with, and she had never lived any of her dreams. ( )

Sue Watsonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Fattoretto, GiadaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
A Eve Watson, ovunque andrai e qualunque cosa farai,

sappi che sarò sempre accanto a te... con una torta.
«Ti

voglio»

sussurrò,

facendo

scivolare la sua mano calda sotto il mio vestito  e  poi  lungo  la  coscia,  con movimenti  lenti  e  sensuali.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,745,700 books! | Top bar: Always visible