Black Butler, Vol. 18 by Yana Toboso

Black Butler, Vol. 18 (edition 2014)

by Yana Toboso (Autor)

Series: Kuroshitsuji (83-87)

Their elaborate schoolroom deception at an end, Earl Ciel Phantomhive and his peerless manservant, Sebastian, finally hit upon the truth behind the incident of the vanished students at Weston College. Just what tragic steps did the elites of the school, spurred on by their overwhelming sense of justice, take to stamp out the bullying with which the halls of their institution had run rife?! What began as a seemingly simple case of missing persons goes round and round, spinning out of control into a great menace, one capable of perplexing even a devil of a butler...… (more)
Member:Chazzarang
Title:Black Butler, Vol. 18
Authors:Yana Toboso (Autor)
Info:Yen Press (2014), Edition: 01, 176 pages

Black Butler, Vol. 18 by Yana Toboso

Recently added byDanielleBates, Rivaton, Echotape, private library, Chazzarang, Schoeyjr

This is awfully good at attracting me each time a volume comes out. My mind is always ready for this manga and its challenges. ( )
  RinHanase | Mar 11, 2017 |
I wasn’t a huge fan of the boarding school storyline that’s been taking place the last few books and this volume finally finishes that storyline up, which was awesome. It starts up a much more interesting storyline involving some haunted woods and a seemingly deadly plague. I am enjoying this new storyline a lot more and curious to see where it goes.

The illustration remains top notch and in this volume we get to go back to the Phantomhive Manor and see the wonderful staff. Between the two storylines there is a funny bit where the whole crew goes shopping which was very humorous.

Overall a great addition to the Black Butler series. I am still really enjoying this series a lot. I would recommend to those who enjoy historical paranormal manga. I look forward to seeing where this new storyline goes. ( )
  krau0098 | Mar 31, 2016 |
Ciel learns that one of the prefectskilled Derrick because he's spent years lying and bullying other students and had even had the vice headmaster in his pocket. The other prefects covered up the murder in order to protect the school's reputation. Ciel tries and fails to capture the Undertaker with Sebastian's help, but Sebastian does destroy the zombies. Ciel reports his findings to the Queen, who has the prefects expelled.
Then we get a brief break with a story about Ciel marketing a new perfume before switching to the start of a new arc involving a “witch's curse” in Germany that's been killing people. This volume's bonus: Black Priest.

Oh dear. The Queen thinks having zombies as allies might be a good idea.

Meh. This volume was okay, I guess, but a bit of a letdown. The Undertaker's method for creating “almost human” zombies was a bit much. Grim Reapers can do just about anything, it seems.

(Original review posted on A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions.) ( )
  Familiar_Diversions | Dec 20, 2015 |

Yana Tobosoprimary authorall editionscalculated
Kimura, TomoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Kuroshitsuji (83-87)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,800,011 books! | Top bar: Always visible