The Rosie Effect

by Graeme Simsion

Series: Don Tillman (2)

The Wife Project is complete, and Don and Rosie are happily married, living in New York. But they're about to face a new challenge because, surprise! Rosie is pregnant. Don sets about learning the protocols of becoming a father, but his unusual research style gets him into trouble with the law. As Don tries to schedule time for pregnancy research, getting friends Gene and Claudia to reconcile, and staying on the right side of the social worker, he might lose Rosie when she needs him the most.… (more)

English (135)  Dutch (4)  German (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (141)
Me caes peor Rosie ( )
  Ella_Zegarra | Jan 18, 2022 |
I have to say I didn't like it nearly as much as the original. While Don is still a delightful character, most of the situations that were manufactured for him really seemed over the top ridiculous. And Rosie was thoroughly disagreeable throughout. I know there should be some conflict in a story, but I found it unlikely and Rosie was completely unbearable. ( )
  MuggleBorn930 | Jul 11, 2021 |
A one-joke romance that has been stretched beyond its limits to a series. I didn't even bother listening to the last 15 minutes. ( )
  oldblack | Jul 6, 2021 |
Received from NetGalley.

I was so excited when I heard we'd be getting more Don and Rosie. My excitement was short lived. I had a really really hard time with this book. It didn't have the charm of the first one and all the characters really grated on my nerves. Between the lack of communication and all the misunderstandings and the chaos, I just felt let down and did not enjoy this story as much I as I had hoped. ( )
  Stacie-C | May 8, 2021 |
This is the second installment about Rosie Jarman and Don Tillman, geneticist. They are married and living in New York City. He is an assistant professor at Columbia University and she is a medical student and also finishing her PhD. in psychology. The entire book is about Rosie being pregnant and Don trying to learn all he can about it--nutrition, exercise, delivery. He calls the baby Bud for Baby Under Development and keeps track of the progress in his bathroom office on the white tiles. All the stresses associated with his condition and her total focus on the baby causes problems for them. ( )
  baughga | Feb 24, 2021 |

Sziklai, IstvánTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Velsker, EvaTõLkijasecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
בסקין, סיוןמתרגםsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Anne
Orange juice was not scheduled for Fridays.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 172,046,850 books! | Top bar: Always visible