All Played Out

by Cora Carmack

Series: Rusk University (3)

In the third book in New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Cora Carmack's Rusk University series, a good girl is about to find out what happens when she creates the ultimate college bucket list and she sets her sights on a jock. First person in her family to go to college? CHECK. Straight A's? CHECK. On track to graduate early? CHECK. Social life? .....yeah, about that.... With just a few weeks until she graduates, Antonella DeLuca's beginning to worry that maybe she hasn't had the full college experience. (Okay... Scratch that. She knows she hasn't had the full college experience).  So Nell does what a smart, dedicated girl like herself does best. She makes a "to do" list of normal college activities. Item #1? Hook up with a jock. Rusk University wide receiver Mateo Torres practically wrote the playbook for normal college living. When he's not on the field, he excels at partying, girls, and more partying. As long as he keeps things light and easy, it's impossible to get hurt... again. But something about the quiet, shy, sexy-as-hell Nell gets under his skin, and when he learns about her list, he makes it his mission to help her complete it. Torres is the definition of confident (And sexy. And wild), and he opens up a side of Nell that she's never known.  But as they begin to check off each crazy, exciting, normal item, Nell finds that her frivolous list leads to something more serious than she bargained for. And while Torres is used to taking risks on the field, he has to decide if he's willing to take the chance when it's more than just a game.  Together they will have to decide if what they have is just part of the experiment or a chance at something real.… (more)

The third and simply incredible story that brings together the shy and sweet dancer with the all clothes off energetic football player deliver enticement and sweet sexiness you delight in.

All Played Out is a story of journey and growth and love and I simply adored the way that Cora Carmack wrote this book. I definitely think that this book is probably my favorite of this series so far because well the hero is hilarious and fun and I just wanted him to find his story and to find more depth to this character. In the first two books we just see him as the “goofball” of the team. And whenever he gets drinking, the clothes start to come off and its pretty fun. But in All Played Out we see how he strives to be more and to get people to see him more than his goofy personality, to actually take him seriously and then he meets the girl that changes him.

The key players of All Played Out :

Antonella DeLuca, our heroine, is the brains, she focuses on her schoolwork and does great at it, but in her last year she wants to experience some fun with her LIST. She is innocent and sweet.
Mateo Torres, the entertaining hero, is all about fun and parties and girls and loves his beer. He is rowdy and fun and has no shy bone in his body.

All Played Out begins when our heroine wants to do more than just study. She is starting to realize that she has really missed out on the full “college experience” and wants to actually experience it in the way that many around her do. When her roommate drags her to a ultimate frisbee game with her boyfriend and his football buds she is nervous since she doesn’t hang out with that crowd. But then she meets Mateo who has set his eyes on her and doesn’t want anyone else. When she shares her desire to cross off certain items off of her list, he is more than willing to be her partner. As she explores in her new adventures of college life, she discovers a love she didn’t plan on but wants to fight for.

"Because Mateo Torres is loud, and I’m quiet. Because he’s reckless, and I’m cautious. Because he belongs everywhere, and I don’t."

Oh how much love did I have for this story and man Mateo is one sexy hero and I just fell so hard for this playboy He just has this charismatic and sexy side to him that is so appealing and works so well for a hero that plays ball. And he really lightens up our heroine Nell. She is a bit too serious (which I can totally relate to) so Mateo is the type of man she really needs to make her laugh and see the fun side of life. Our heroine is a lady many readers can relate with and will enjoy reading. So she sweet and shy and awkward and really smart. She is very innocent so she just doesn’t understand the college party culture and I liked seeing how she handled putting her feet in the water and seeing the way that she wants to be more and just LIVE life. We see how our super intelligent heroine learns that living in the moment can do more than getting the best grades. Nell is very driven of course but we also see another part of her become more energetic.
"What I’m realizing is that living isn’t about what you achieve, but how you achieve it."

The romance that builds between them is so sexy and charming and I just wanted their story to be real. I adored the way that this book was written and seeing them explore new experiences together. A story that will revitalize and renew the reader with a new experience of reading and will make you feel young again! ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 21, 2019 |
On of my favorite rereads still. Great audio too! ( )
  thebookdisciple | Oct 9, 2018 |
So, each time I finish a Cora Carmack book I think "That was my favorite book". Then I read the next one and say "No, THAT was my favorite". Seriously, the woman can do no wrong! This book is so, so awesome for so many reasons. #1. Nell. She reminds me so much of myself-nerdy, academically focuses and not good in social situations. #2. Mateo. First off, that is one of my favorite names EVER. Secondly, swoon...he is perfect. #3. The two of them together are so different it works and its amazing! I could go on about why this book is 100% awesome but I would pretty much just be telling you everything that happens for each part of the book, so you should just read it. But, my full review is posted here: http://www.thebookdisciple.com ( )
  thebookdisciple | Oct 9, 2018 |
Want to know if the whole series is worth reading? Read my overall review of the whole series at seriesousbookreviews.com! Spoiler Free!

All Played Out was exactly what I expected: a sexy but heartwarming read. The leads had fantastic chemistry together--both physical and emotional--so it made for a really easy read. So easy in fact that I stayed on the couch all day to finish it.

Full Review: http://wp.me/p3txrs-ve
  seriesousbooks | Feb 7, 2018 |

Belongs to Series

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Cora Carmack's book All Played Out was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,566,586 books! | Top bar: Always visible