Fall With Me by Jennifer L. Armentrout

So far, this is my favorite in the series, once you read it you'll understand why. For gosh darn sakes Reece is a COP! You can't exactly go wrong with a cop who always says the right thing. ( )
  payneloverreviews | Aug 23, 2017 |
Jennifer Armentrout’s Wait for You series is quickly becoming my new favorite New Adult series. Each story can be read as a standalone, but to avoid any spoilers I would recommend reading the books in order. Of course, I started with the latest book, as per usual reading books out of order. Fall with Me is a steamy romance filled with suspense and propelled by an action driven plot.

Roxy has loved Officer Reece Anders since she was 15 years old. Reece has secretly loved Roxy as well but held back from pursuing her due to the difference in their ages. One drunken night changed everything and the once close friends grew apart. Hurt, Roxy used her fiery temper and harsh words to keep Reece at a distance. Things change when a stalker targets Roxy and an old enemy comes back to town. Determined to keep Roxy safe and rekindle old flames, Reece inserts himself back into Roxy’s life and refuses to let go.

This story is told entirely from Roxy’s POV. Her narrative voice is both full of sass and vulnerability. Armentrout is not shy about putting her characters through hell and back, which is evident in all the obstacles put in Roxy’s path. A tragedy in her past left her best friend injured and Roxy emotionally scarred. Riddled with guilt, Roxy struggles with staying true to herself. I really connected with Roxy, although I’ve never experienced what she went through, her emotions were just so tangible and authentic. The complexity of her character made Roxy come to life to me. She wasn’t perfect by any means, and at times frustrated me to the point that I wanted to shake her. Mostly due to some really poor choices that she made, because she did not completely think through the situation.

Reece was a great match for Roxy in my opinion. He came across as very patient when dealing with Roxy’s volatile nature. Reece was extremely protective of Roxy and refused to allow anything or anyone to hurt her. Determined to right the wrongs of the past, he continuously attempted to prove to Roxy that he was someone she could trust again. I liked how genuine and upfront Reece was when he expressed his feelings and his intentions where Roxy was concerned. I also enjoyed that he didn’t back down in regards to putting Roxy in her place when she took things too far.

Overall, Fall with Me was a fast-paced and fun read. Armentrout’s characters were complex but easy to relate to. The chemistry between Roxy and Reece was off the charts. The steam factor did not distract from the romantic plot; it just upped the hotness factor in my opinion. Their love story was not a fluffy-feel good romance; every bit of happiness was fought for and hard won. If you enjoy a bit of suspense and plenty of steaminess in your romances, then I recommend you grab a copy of this book.

**I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads from Avon Books/Harper Collins. Thank you for the opportunity to review it. ( )
  azprettygrl | Aug 4, 2015 |
Full Disclosure: I received a copy of this book at Book Expo America from the author/publisher.

My Thoughts: Fall with Me was my first Jennifer Armentrout book. I know a lot of people who love her writing, but I’d never picked anything up. I actually waited in a ticketed line to get a copy of Fall with Me. I was excited, but it was more the excitement of a new book. BookJunkieKrystal (@ Books Are My Thing) had convinced me (I think she just pointed to it and maybe said she’d read it?) to buy a copy of White Hot Kiss earlier in the week.

Yes, Fall with Me is the 4th book in the Wait for You series (before anyone asks). However, each book focuses on a different couple, so it’s not necessary to read them in order. This was my first Jennifer Armentrout book and I didn’t feel lost at all, without having read the rest of the series.

I read some reviews that said Fall with Me wasn’t the best of the series because it didn’t really take place in college. Well, I loved that aspect. I’m not in college anymore, so it was kind of nice to read something about people who are my age (I’ve read a few too many YA novels lately).

The chemistry between Reece and Roxy was amazing. I’ve always had a weird weakness for cops, so the fact that the male lead is a cop in my first Jennifer Armentrout book is an odd (but happy) coincidence. FYI, there were some sexual scenes that probably wouldn’t be suitable for readers under the age of 18 (depending on maturity levels). I liked that the scenes made sense with the characters and the story itself though. I didn’t feel like I was reading something unnecessarily sexualized.

The story felt a little forced and rushed at moments. Understandable, but frankly I would’ve been willing to read a longer book if it slowed the plot back down to believable. If you’re looking for an adult contemporary read, I would recommend Fall with Me.

For more reviews, check out http://reviewsinapinch.com/ today! ( )
  ReviewsInAPinch | Aug 3, 2015 |
I wanted to read Fall With me because I have enjoyed the Wait for You series as well as the other JLA books that I have read. I love her characters, the romance, the fast paced plot, and surprises she throws in.

I liked Roxy in this one and she is a strong girl, but she is hiding a lot from the guy she is crushing on. The longer stuff like what she has goes unsaid, the harder it is to say it. So of course, I knew there would be room for character growth because Lynn / Armentrout writes characters that are realistically and beautifully flawed in some ways and strong and fierce in others. I love seeing how it comes out in different ways in the female main characters she crafts, because they, like in real life, are all different in some ways, and also have similarities to others.

Roxy's mom especially is present in this one. Her parents are the type that are involved in the good way, but not to the point of suffocating or over-bearing. They support her but they also let her know that she has some place to fall back on always. She is an artist and loves to paint, but she is bar tending and taking computer classes to make a living, but her mom offers occasionally that if she wants to try to make it as an artist, she is welcome to live with them if she wants.

The plot line with Charlie, her best friend who has been in a long term care facility and is just a shell of his former self is another unique aspect to the plot line. Roxy is faithful to visit him, talk about life outside the walls, read to him, and bring him paintings. She does feel a guilt for what happened to him but that is hazy at the beginning because it is also clear that there was another party involved, someone that just got out of prison and is apparently wanting to make amends. Its unclear besides the synopsis telling us it was a hate crime for a bit, but the plot reveals details in own time.

Okay, so the chemistry between Reese and Roxy is undeniable. There are some smoking hot scenes, and I love how attentive he is and also honest. He has a thing about lies, and while I can see Roxy lying by omission because of hurt feelings for a week or two, it was a little ridiculous to me how long she kept the truth from him. But it certainly adds tension within her and causes some growth for her. And makes her realistic-- I mean we all do things for no reason, and I know that I have been caught in a series of lies, all to maintain that first lie.

There is also the weird things going on in her apartment as well as the missing girls that adds layers to the plot. I have a few ideas of who it was but I am usually wrong about these types of things. One of my four suspects actually did turn out to be the culprit, but he was last on my list.

I enjoyed the character growth in Roxy, and how open Reece was about what he was struggling with. He challenges Roxy and I love that about their relationship.

Bottom Line: Another great and steamy one by one of my fave authors. ( )
  brandileigh2003 | May 18, 2015 |
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: This might be my favorite book in the series so far! It had amazing characters, sexy romance, and some a rather suspenseful mystery! All new adult romance fans have to check this one out!

Opening Sentence: Only ten minutes had passed from when I’d plopped myself down in a plush cushioned chair inside the sunny waiting room until I saw scuffed white sneakers creep into the line of my vision.

The Review:

Roxy has been in love with Reece Anders ever since she was fifteen years old. They were neighbors and were always really close until eleven months ago when they had a one night stand, or at least Reece thinks they did. Reece was really drunk and doesn’t remember anything that happened that night. Roxy has no problem remembering what took place, but it’s not something she likes to think about. They were out together at a bar and she ended up taking a very drunk Reece home, which lead to them making out and then Reece passing out! The morning after was really awkward and Reece acted like he wished the night had never occurred. Roxy was going to tell Reece what really happened, but her pride was so wounded by how he reacted that she has pretty much ignored him since that night. Roxy would be completely content with never talking to Reece again, but Reece has different plans.

Roxy has lived on her own for a while now and she loves her cute little apartment, but weird things have started to happen. She feels as if she is being watched and things in her apartment are not always where she left them. At first she thought it was a ghost, but then things start to escalate and she fears she may have a stalker. Officer Anders feels that it’s not only his duty to protect Roxy, but he also can’t bear to see anything happen to her. He knows that he messed up in the past, but he is willing to do whatever it takes to make things right between them again.

Roxy is an interesting girl that had some frustrating moments, but overall I really liked her. She is her own person and I loved that she was able to express herself in what she wore! She is very strong and independent which made me respect her. But she was also a very insecure girl that had some serious issues she needed to work out. She has been through some hard things in her short life and that tugged at my heart strings. But it frustrated me that she hid or ran away from so much in her life. In a way it didn’t really fit with her strong personality and it made me feel a small disconnect with her character at times. Luckily this does get better as the story goes on and eventually she learns how to deal with her problems better. Overall, I ended up really liking her and I am glad I got to read her story.

I think that Reece is my all time favorite Jennifer Armentrout book boy, and if you have read many of her books you know this is a huge complement because she really knows how to create some swoon worthy guys. First off, let’s talk about how ridiculously gorgeous he is with his killer body and cobalt blue eyes! Then there is the fact that he served his country in the army and still continues to serve as a police officer. I know that I find a man in a uniform attractive! But the best thing about Reece is his personality. He is a very confidant guy that knows he is good looking but at the same time he is very understanding and so sweet. Some of the little things he would do for Roxy were adorable and the way he tries to always be there for her just made me swoon like crazy. In a lot of ways he reminds me of my husband, so I know that is part of the reason why I loved him so much, but I bet everyone else will fall for him as well. It would be hard not to.

Fall With Me is a sexy romance filled with suspense, drama, and amazing writing. I was really surprised how intense this story was compared to the rest of the books in the series. It is still primarily a romance, but the mystery was a pretty big part as well. The plot easily kept me interested from the first page and while it was pretty easy to figure out who the bad guy was it didn’t lessen my enjoyment of the story at all. I loved all the characters, especially getting to see some of my favorites from past books. The romance was very steamy and developed perfectly. Like always, Armentrout really knows how to weave an extremely entertaining story that tugs at your emotions and makes you fall in love with all her characters. I pretty much loved everything about this book and honestly I can’t wait to read the next book. You get a glimpse into what Nick is like in this one, which makes me very eager to learn even more about him, and I have always found Stephanie’s character really interesting, so getting to read their story is going to be great. While you can easily read each of the books in the series as a standalone, I would highly recommend starting at the beginning because it just adds to the whole experience. If you are a new adult romance fan you should pick up this series if you haven’t already.

Notable Scene:

I had no idea what was going on, so I turned and picked up his empty plate. Opening the dishwasher, I almost dropped the plate.

A pair of my undies was in the utensils holder, stuffed into the square cubby. My hand shook as I stared at them. They were—oh my God—they were the black lacy thongs that I wished I’d worn last night.

How in the world did they end up in the dishwasher?

I hadn’t opened the dishwasher since Sunday, if I remembered correctly. Yesterday, I hadn’t used and dishes and I’d left the cup I’d used in the sink.

Shaken I placed the plate inside but I didn’t grab the undies. I didn’t even want to touch them. Casper was haunting me, and he was a pervert. If I’d placed them in there having no recollection, I needed to get an X-ray of my head. Maybe I needed to take Katie up on that séance idea.

FTC Advisory: I purchased my own personal copy of Fall With Me. No goody bags, sponsorships, “material connections,” or bribes were exchanged for my review. ( )
  DarkFaerieTales | May 12, 2015 |
Only ten minutes had passed from when I'd plopped myself down in a plush cushioned chair inside the sunny waiting room until I saw scuffed white sneakers creep into the line of my vision.

When she starts getting harassed by a creep, Roxy needs the help of old flame and police officer Reece, but Roxy needs to determine what is more dangerous to her, a psychopath or a love from the past.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,033,473 books! | Top bar: Always visible