Blue Crush (Blue, #2) by Jules Barnard

Blue Crush (Blue, #2) (edition 2014)

by Jules Barnard

Series: Blue Series (2)

1211,313,808 (3.25)None
My cheating ex has me swearing off men. Until Lewis comes along, stealing my breath and my good sense. I've never been one to lust after guys. My mother's revolving door of relationships doused any propensity I might have had long ago. But Lewis is six and a half feet of rugged mountain man, and he's...eye-catching. Sexy. Silently brooding in all the best ways. The more time I spend with him, the more naughty thoughts I have of us together, and he's not helping put a stop to it. It's infuriating. I'm fantasizing, and lusting, and I can't remember why I wanted to stay away. It turns out, Lewis might be the one man I can't resist. But he carries his own relationship baggage. Baggage that could break me in ways no ex-boyfriend ever did.… (more)
Member:Sonja-Fay-Little
Title:Blue Crush (Blue, #2)
Authors:Jules Barnard
Info:Publisher Unknown, Kindle Edition, 253 pages
Tags:to-read

Blue Crush by Jules Barnard

Full Disclosure: I received a copy of this book from the author, via Goodreads, in exchange for an honest review.

My Thoughts: I really can’t read suspense, thriller, horror, fantasy and all of those for too long without it being too much. Every once in a while I like to read something a bit lighter. I’ve found that the new adult romances suit me better than a harlequin romance.

Blue Crush is actually the second book in the Blue series, but luckily they can be read out-of-order because each book focuses on a different couple. For me, in some ways this book was the ideal relationship guide (some of the quotes are ridiculously amazing and maybe a tad corny).

I seriously loved the character, Genevieve. She was relatable without grating on your nerves when she makes questionable decisions. The character, Lewis, was an interesting one. He was the ideal male lead in some ways and an enigma in others (I still don’t really understand the Lewis/Mira relationship). Alas, maybe we’ll find out more in book 3.

Since I knew you could read the books in this series out-of-order, I purposely read book 2 first. This was a good decision on my part (not to toot my own horn). I didn’t like Genevieve’s best friend, Cali, and since book 1 revolves around Cali seems like a good thing for me to skip. She was judgemental in the brattiest (I’m not sure that’s actually a word) way possible.

The story is solid. It’s entertaining and keeps a steady pace. It’s not the most realistic, but I try not to get too bogged down with that point since it is fiction. There are certain parts of Blue Crush that are a bit dark and for a more mature audience, but it is by no means inappropriate. The author’s way of story telling had my heart pumping like I was watching a really exciting movie.

Blue Crush does have its fair share of sexual content, so readers should be 18+. I sort of have to recommend it, considering I stayed up past 1am reading because I was so drawn into the plot (FYI: going to work the rest of the week was exhausting). With all of that mind, I would recommend Blue Crush.

For more reviews, check out http://reviewsinapinch.wordpress.com/ today! ( )
  ReviewsInAPinch | Jul 3, 2014 |

Belongs to Series

GenreThing

No genres

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,361,626 books! | Top bar: Always visible