My Sister's Grave (2014)

by Robert Dugoni

Series: Tracy Crosswhite (1)

Seattle police officer Tracy Crosswhite lost her sister Sarah over 20 years ago, and she has never forgiven herself. With no corpse discovered, there was still enough evidence to convict the man thought responsible for Sarah's disappearance. Now a body has been found and Tracy learns the remains are of her sister. Tracy has had her doubts about the guilt of the man behind bars, and she's absolutely sure there is a murderer still loose.… (more)

English (60)  Italian (1)  All languages (61)
6 hours in but I'm not going to finish it. I can't ..... Wonder if it's the narrator?
  xKayx | Dec 14, 2020 |
Tracy and Sarah Crosswhite are extremely close sisters. They compete at shooting championships. After the 1993 state championship, Tracy begs Sarah to drive safely home, but Sarah never makes it.
A recently released rapist is convicted of the murder but a body is not found and Tracy is suspicious of the evidence.
Fast forward 20 years, and Sarah’s body has just been found. Tracy, now a Seattle homicide detective, continues to question the evidence that convicted Edmund House and convinces her childhood friend, Dan, an attorney, to review the case. Tracy is suspicious that the sheriff and others planted evidence.
This is a gritty legal / psychological thriller with a surprising conclusion. Tracy is a flawed character with a guilt over her sister’s death that she hasn’t been able to get over. I love her as a heroine and I am very excited to read more about her in future books. This is the first Robert Dugoni book I have read, and it definitely will not be the last. I really like his writing style. The book was easy to read, and the pages flew by.
#MySistersGrave #RobertDugoni ( )
  rmarcin | Jul 18, 2020 |
A new author for me, this book was terrific! Tracy Crosswhite is a homicide detective in Seattle who has never felt satisfied with the way her sister's disappearance 20 years prior was handled, and has always questioned the validity of the case against the man who was subsequently tried and convicted of her murder.

The sister's remains are found close to their hometown in the Cascade Mountains of Washington, and the questions become even more unanswered in Tracy's opinion.

The action and suspense rarely pauses; I finished this book in two sittings (only because I needed to sleep). This is not a romance book disguised as a suspense - it is a true suspense. There is some legal/courtroom drama, but it is in no way dry or boring (in case you were concerned)

The horrible thing is that the sequel isn't due out until SEPTEMBER. Ugh. ( )
  ker95tx | May 27, 2020 |
Good book. Kept me interested. Well written book but I guess I thought it will be about missing sister...it wasn't. Good characters and the bad guy didn't show nasty until near the end. A fun book about going back home to where you grew up; practical ending. The Killer's Identity--The jury's still out on this one. ( )
  buffalogr | Jan 30, 2020 |
I've found my new favorite series. ( )
  C.Slade | Dec 26, 2019 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 155,809,257 books! | Top bar: Always visible