The Only City Left (Volume 1) by Andy…

The Only City Left (Volume 1)

by Andy Goldman

This is a great book with wonderful, well-developed characters. I really wanted to keep reading to see what sort of twist would befall them next. Definitely interested in reading more! ( )
  PhDinHorribleness | Feb 1, 2016 |
I have received an advance reader copy of this book in exchange for my unbiased review.
I really liked this book. The pace of the story was good and the amount of adventures just right. The end satisfied me too, and it is often the end that can ruin a good book for me. There are some questions left unanswered but I regard them as teasers for the next book.
And to be honest, while this book wasn’t a true 5star for me I loved Tumble and Banshee so much that they pushed the rating up. ( )
  anesej | Jul 17, 2015 |
This book was a good Sci-fi read. A quick read that captured me from the beginning. The book centered around a young man trying to get through layers of a decayed world trying to see the sun at least once in his lifetime. During his journeys he meets genetically modified cats, humans and creatures alike that have evolved to survive in their surroundings, ghosts and werewolves. Throw in some action, some chases and just a touch of romance and you've got a great book for some light reading. ( )
  andbmay | Feb 4, 2015 |
I really enjoyed this book. I'm not sure where it will go from here, but the author has written one good book, and that encourages me to read more. I loved the plot, it was so different. Again, slow at first and a little far fetched to the point of almost seeming ridiculous, but as the story developed and more got explain it got easier to go along and see it all as normal. What an imagination!! ( )
  loopyem | Nov 30, 2014 |
This title offers a unique combination of dystopian sci-fi and paranormal characters. I found myself engaged with the characters and trying to keep a close eye on the details that would help solve the bit of mystery running like a thread throughout the digital pages.

We are in a wrecked, vacated, ruin of a city cast in perpetual darkness. Pockets of civilization struggle against dark forces to maintain existence, and not all of these communities are human. Allin, our young protagonist, encounters ghosts, talking cats, and werewolves in this creative adventure.

Andy Goldman sets up the reader with an immediate entanglement of a literal nature. In an attempt to reach The Roof of the World, Allin must escape a pack of metallic tacmites with razor sharp teeth and is left dangling in the dark above the floor of a decrepit shopping mall. From then on, the adventure doesn't stop.

4 Stars ( )
1 vote writerbee | Nov 13, 2014 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Andy Goldman's book The Only City Left was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Andy Goldman is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,367,697 books! | Top bar: Always visible