Closer Than You Think by Karen Rose

Closer Than You Think (edition 2015)

by Karen Rose (Author)

Member:Scarlet-Aingeal
Title:Closer Than You Think
Authors:Karen Rose (Author)
Info:Headline (2015)
Collections:Your library, Read, Read in 2016, Mystery, Thriller
Tags:Mystery, Thriller

Closer Than You Think by Karen Rose

From "The Queen of Romantic Suspense," a suspenseful thriller that will keep the pages turning. First in a series.
  mcmlsbookbutler | Jan 31, 2017 |
I would happily give this one 5 stars if it wasn't for the speed at which the MC fell for the FBI agent that was on her case. I found that part of the story totally unbelievable, along with the reactions of the detectives, and other people involved in solving her case, towards said relationship. They all accepted it way too easily when it's a huge no no to get involved in circumstances like this.

I particularly liked being able to experience both sides of the story. The parts that cover the killers POV were very well done and added a lot to the over all feeling of tension and suspense to the book. Karen Rose is one of the few authors who keeps me guessing almost right to the end . I can even tolerate the romance that is always included in her books, which alone is testament to how well she manages to pull the reader in as I usually hate romance in all forms in books.

Closer Than You Think is, in my opinion, Rose's best book so far. At 690 pages it's a lot of reading and I have to admit I put off reading it for a bit because of how big the book is. Little did I know that I would get so sucked into the storyline that I would read all 690 pages in one day.

Definitely one I would recommend. ( )
  Scarlet-Aingeal | Dec 9, 2016 |
Even though this was hard to finish I am going to go ahead and give it 4 stars because technically there was nothing wrong with the writing. My issue was the story didn't grab me and hold my interest. I've been a fan of Karen Rose since the first book and she still tells a great story but its becoming formulistic. Don't get me wrong the killer was sick in the things he did - she hasnt changed in that way but the rest of it I've read before from her. I think after 16 books the wow factor is gone for me. For newbies to the suspense genre Karen Rose is one of the top authors and I would still highly recommend her to anyone. ( )
  CindySnS | Oct 26, 2016 |
Good read, books are starting to run a little into each other though. ( )
  libgirl69 | Jul 24, 2016 |
great multifaceted plot - well written, likable characters, and sexy romance ( )
  kerbytejas | Mar 25, 2016 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 045146673X, Mass Market Paperback)

From the New York Times bestselling author of Watch Your Back and Did You Miss Me comes the newest novel by “the queen of romantic suspense” (Crime and Punishment).

Psychologist Faith Corcoran is desperate to escape the stalker who’s made her life a nightmare for the past year—desperate enough to run to the one place that has been her nightmare far longer. Both boon and bane, her recent inheritance of her grandmother’s old house in Cincinnati offers sanctuary in which she can start her life anew, but requires that she face the dark memories that still resonate to this day.

But she has no idea how close to home her fears still are.

Two college girls have gone missing in the area, and FBI Special Agent Deacon Novak is called to work on the case. When his inquiry unexpectedly leads him to Faith, he finds a beautiful and brave woman he can’t help but fall for. Soon they’ll discover that this seemingly simple investigation is anything but. Reaching back decades into Faith’s own past, it will shatter everything she believes to be true and will give terrifying new meaning to flesh and blood.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:54 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,504,313 books! | Top bar: Always visible