The Relic Guild by Edward Cox

The Relic Guild

by Edward Cox

In a world where there is only one city, and a labyrinth, our story takes place. There are other places, but they can't be reached. So everyone is just stuck.

There was a great war, now magic is gone (and bad!). So everyone just, well tries to live the best they can.

There are a few POVS. Clara, a whore with a secret (she is a shifter, and that could get her killed. ) And then there is the Relic Guild, a hidden organization with people who still have magic. They need her as an old enemy is rising. Oh those old enemies, they always are so evil.

It was an interesting world and premise. The weird labyrinth. The place where the bad Aelfir were put. The city that just lives on but does not really live. A strange world. I would so have wanted to know more about the Aelfir, oh well :/ They went away after the war.

But I would have wanted more, I did not really feel the world. It was there, but I would have wanted a bit more world building. The same with the characters, I wanted more from them too. I could not truly feel them or their actions.

Still, go Clara, it's always good that a former prostitute gets to shine too. She has promise. And I so want to know more about the Aelfir, what? I was curious.

A strange dark world on the brink of doom. ( )
  blodeuedd | Mar 2, 2016 |
I liked the overall story, plot and characters. The way story was told. It's always shifting between now and past when everything has ruined.Edward Cox knows how to engage the reader with the story.

The relationship between current Relic Guild members is processed very good, Old man Sam Picky and alone , young Clara unsure about her powers and a little confused in the new world she has been dragged too, and Van Bam the wise, calm Resident of the Labrys town.The negative characters are very well too, the angry, crazy Thaumaturgists.

As the story isn't wrapped up in the first book, I'm really waiting for the next sequel. ( )
  ardvisoor | Apr 19, 2015 |
In the long game, defeat was only part of the strategy.
Magic caused the war. Magic is forbidden. Magic will save us.

Young Clara struggles to survive in a dangerous and dysfunctional city, where the use of magic is punishable by death. She hides, fearful that someone will discover she is touched by magic. But a strange man teaches her that magic serves a higher purpose and some myths are much more deadly in the flesh.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,392,303 books! | Top bar: Always visible