A Trail Through Time (The Chronicles of St.…

A Trail Through Time (The Chronicles of St. Mary's Series) (2013)

by Jodi Taylor

St Mary's is back and is facing a battle to survive in this, the fourth installment of the Chronicles. Max and Leon are re-united and looking forward to a peaceful lifetime together. But, sadly, they don't even make it to lunchtime. The action races from 17th century London to Ancient Egypt and from Pompeii to 14th century Southwark as they're pursued up and down the timeline, playing a perilous game of hide and seek until they're finally forced to take refuge at St Mary's - where new dangers await them. As usual, there are plenty of moments of humour, but the final, desperate, Battle of St Mary's is in grim earnest. Overwhelmed and outnumbered and with the building crashing down around them, how can St Mary's possibly survive? So, make sure the tea's good and strong...… (more)
Recently added bysulla2, private library, paulwcampbell, ChrisDonovan, heyjohn, krzypuppy, brookietx1944, karenb

I liked this one a lot more that the last one in the series (which almost made me give up on the series, such a downer). In this one the lovers are, in a sense, reunited, or at least, getting their heart's desire. There's lots of actions, quite a bit of history, some tragedy and some fun. Looking forward to reading the next one in the series. ( )
  phyllis2779 | Jul 9, 2019 |
I enjoyed this follow up to the 3rd book, and it did really integrate you back into the story well, but I found it not as fun as the other books. It didn't pull me in as much. There was a lot of things just all over the place and it didn't feel like a cohesive story. I did enjoy how it all came together, but during the chaos it just felt like a mess. ( )
  jdifelice | Jul 6, 2018 |
My blog post about this book is at this link. ( )
  SuziQoregon | Jun 11, 2018 |
Good fun, read but would be best to start with number 1. ( )
  thewriterswife | Mar 26, 2018 |
Max and Leon are reunited in this fourth novel in the series but before they can celebrate the reunion, the Time Police burst into Leon's home just minutes after there escape. The pair are chased throughout history from 17th century London to Ancient Egypt and from Pompeii to 14th century Southwark until they find refuge back at St. Mary's. However, respite will be short since a confrontation with the Time Police is inevitable.

I continue to enjoy this series and plan to continue until the last one. ( )
  John_Warner | Jan 23, 2018 |

Jodi Taylorprimary authorall editionscalculated
Ramm, ZaraNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to all the staff -- past and present -- of North Yorkshire Library Service. Thank you for your patience and your friendship during all those long dark years of fear and toil.
And once again, I was running.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,857,628 books! | Top bar: Always visible