A House in the Country by Matt Shaw

A House in the Country

by Matt Shaw

512,142,650 (5)None
Recently added byJeffcote1, UM3050, Shadow_Girl, clarkeek

You ever have a moment where something was SO CREEPY that you threw up, or almost threw up?
About a year ago… I was checking out a series of pictures posted online, and when I found out where the pictures were taken, every hair on my body stood up, I got so weirded out! I never verified if it was true – don’t really care, either. It freaked me out, I moved on.
Then, I read this book.
That moment came flooding back – with a vengeance.

When will people learn?
A dream home in a perfect location, with a price tag that you can actually afford… Too good to be true! Turn around, you’re not welcome. Doesn’t anyone watch movies? Do the walls have to literally drip blood before people take a hint?
Not me, fuck that noise! I’m outta that bitch like it’s on fire. Meet ya at the county line!
Dean and Jess apparently don’t watch movies, either.
Not only is it a dream house, in a perfect location, with an affordable price tag – (that’s already three strikes!) – it also has a tragic history. ♪ ♫ ♩ Dun dun duuuuuun… ♪ ♫ ♩
This novella details the events of the seven days spent in this house in the country.

::whispers:: sssseven daysssss….

This book felt very similar to THE LOST SON.
Almost the same blueprint, just decorated differently. I’m not pointing out the specifics, and I’m really not saying anything bad, merely stating an observation.

I’m also not pointing out the specific moments that freaked me out. Except for one… omg – the twist in this story is messed up!! ::shudders:: The discovery made by Jess – I swear, I almost threw up!! Not because of gore or anything like that, just because of that ‘Aw, HELL no!’ moment of fright. (Refer back to my opening statement).

I think I regret filling out the LITERATURE-LY YOU questionnaire, because Matt has a direct link to the freak-out sensor in my brain. ;)

After you’ve read this, if you know what story I’m talking about with the pictures – I would love to hear your opinion!! ( )
  Shadow_Girl | Jan 9, 2015 |
Broken dreams

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,818,376 books! | Top bar: Always visible