Hallelujah!

by John Warburton

1511,100,095 (2)None
Prompted by a surprise tax bill, Shaun Ryder decided to reform Happy Mondays and tour with the band in 1999. John Warburton, his close confidant, went along for the ride and this is his account of the most bizarre reunion tour ever. Originally published: 2000.

I only managed to get half way through this when I gave up. There's no doubt that Ryder is an enigmatic and witty character, but this just doesn't come across in the book. I got the impression that the author still thinks that going on three week benders in Ibiza or scoring heroin in Euston Station is just really mad and "on the edge", when in reality it's just sad. And people who bask in that "Shaun Ryder's my mate, and look how mad he is!” are even sadder. ( )
  uryjm | Sep 3, 2006 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 158,869,044 books! | Top bar: Always visible