All I Need to Know I Learned from My Cat by…

All I Need to Know I Learned from My Cat (1990)

by Suzy Becker

REVIEW TO COME LATER (CHRISTMAS BREAK) ( )
  christopher.kyle1706 | Dec 8, 2016 |
Full review coming soon. Check here for updates:
https://ermareads.wordpress.com ( )
  Ermina | Feb 25, 2016 |
Everything my cats do is in this delightful book!
  shelbel100 | Aug 22, 2013 |
OK, if you have cats or love cats or are ever around them for a period of time, then you must take 5 minutes and fly through this hilarious little gem that has wonderful insight in speculating how cats view their role in our households, quite often giving very funny reasons for the rather unexplainable things our feline friends do. Simple color cartoons with very basic captions, but quite a few literally made me laugh out loud. A great change of pace and i highly recommend this. My copy lives on top of a shelf unit just as you walk into my personal library at home, in hopes that all who enter might just pick it up and flip through it. Come on.....everybody's can spare 5 minutes for a laugh! ( )
  jeffome | May 27, 2013 |
Fitting in with all the variations on this particular theme, Ms. Becker illustrates such advice as "Don't always come when you are called" and "Take time to eat the flowers" with pictures that will ring true with cat owners everywhere. There are some truly funny pictures such as the one that goes with "Be curious" - what cat owner has not caught their cat perched precariously high at one time or another? Overall, a bit of whimsy that a cat lover will enjoy. ( )
  tjsjohanna | Oct 7, 2012 |
For Amy and my family. And Binky

with special thanks to Ellie, Sally, Annie and Peter making this book possible. And Binky for every idea in this I ever had
It's o.k. to wear the same thing every day.

It's the 1.6-million-copy bestseller that skips the jargon and psychobabble, and instead features straight-talking, down-to-earth, clear-cut advice-that of writer and cartoonist Suzy Becker's cat.

"Know all the sunny places."

"Flaunt your hair loss."

"Get mad when you're stepped on."

"Take some time to eat the flowers."

"Be tolerant-but not overly accommodating."

"Make your own hours."

"Scratch when it itches."

"Depend on others without losing your independence."

"Avoid company you do not like."

Altogether, here are over 90 simple life lessons, irresistibly illustrated in full-color. Proving what all cat fanciers suspect about their own pets, Suzy Becker's cat is a fount of wisdom. The book covers everything from grooming, health, and diet to being completely well-adjusted, and imparts perhaps the most valuable piece of advice a cat could give: "There is always time for a nap."

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:00:41 -0400)

In a volume of colorful cartoons, the author's sage cat offers more than ninety simple but profound lessons for happy, guilt-free living.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,661,876 books! | Top bar: Always visible