The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 1: The Faust…

The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 1: The Faust Act

by Kieron Gillen

Other authors: Jamie McKelvie (Illustrator), Matthew Wilson (Illustrator)

Series: The Wicked & The Divine (1-5)

Recently added byKeepItWeird, rena75, Morteana, GayCityLGBTLibrary, barbharper, private library

English (57)  Swedish (1)  All languages (58)
Yes, good, more, please. ( )
  cavernism | Jan 11, 2019 |
Dreamy sighs from me for this book from me. It's got a diverse cast and incredible art, writing, colors just everything. I am on the edge of my seat for issue 6 to be released.

The premise is that gods are resurrected every 92 years and they well this time around become super stars. People follow them basically worshipping them and of course the gods get into trouble.

I read through this entire set so quickly it was ridiculous. I can't recommend the series enough. I think it is something that can bridge the gap between non comic readers. If you like things about gods then I can't recommend this enough.

rabidgummibear | Nov 28, 2018 |
I was floored by this graphic novel. I did not know anything about it, but I saw it on a wikipedia page that discussed transgender characters in different media. There is a service called HOOPLA that my local library participates in. From there I was able to check this out. I enjoyed it greatly! I enjoyed it so much that I immediately checked out the second volume and read it just as quickly as I did this volume. ( )
  CassieWinters | Oct 30, 2018 |
I love this series. I wish the author's notes from the individual issues had been included in the trade, but the comic itself? Perfect. ( )
  akaGingerK | Sep 30, 2018 |
Another one where I feel like the later issues will cover some of the shortcomings of the first volume. The art is gorgeous, the story is intriguing, and the twist at the end keeps it going. ( )
  jeninmotion | Sep 24, 2018 |

Hans, StephanieIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
O'Malley, Bryan LeeIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wada, KevinIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Zdarsky, ChipIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Every ninety years, twelve gods return as young people. They are loved. They are hated. In two years, they are all dead. It's happening now. It's happening again.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,654,397 books! | Top bar: Always visible