I Loved a Rogue by Katharine Ashe

I Loved a Rogue

by Katharine Ashe

*I received this book for the purpose of a review from Edelweiss.*
*Review is cross-posted to My Book Addiction and More.com*

I have to start off saying that this is book 3 in a series, THE PRINCE CATCHERS. I would recommend you read all three books together in order to get a better feel for everyone involved. Now for I LOVED A ROGUE, there were times I wanted them to move on along but overall it was a great read. The characters are well written and engaging. The setting is fun and acts as another character. The storyline is great, however I wills state as it's the "ending" of the series I think the storyline works better if you've read the previous two titles in the series. You'll be glad you read them. I LOVED A ROGUE is a wonderful historical romance that will leave you smiling, that final scene is awesome. You will fall in love with Talesin! He's a wonderful hero, and Eleanor is a great heroine. There are secrets that get revealed and a few surprises thrown in. I do hope we see all of the characters from The Prince Catchers series in a future book to at least get an update. I recommend all historical romance fans add I LOVED A ROGUE to their reading "must buy" and read list today! You'll be glad you did! ( )
  WendyK | Mar 6, 2015 |
I received a ARC copy in exchange for a honest review, thanks to Edelweiss and Avon Books.
Eleanor, has always been the upstanding vicar's daughter, upstanding and intelligent and always devoted to her studies. She has never crossed the line, but inside she dreams of adventures and the one man that inspires and makes her dream of wicked delights, the sexy as sin gypsy, Taliesin. Taliesin, once loved Eleanor and would have done anything for her, but then she broke his heart without even realizing it, so he left and now after eleven years, after being summoned to a wedding, he can't resist her. All he has ever wanted was Eleanor, despite the danger she causes to his fragile heart. Eleanor is on the hunt for her real parents, and Taliesin is her companion, even though he left without a word eleven years ago, she finds him irresistible, and now she has to work with him, and temptation is right before her, will she be able to resist or give into the greatest adventure of her life...

I have to say that Katharine Ashe has outdone herself in this series. Every single installment I have adored, and this final installment is no different. This story really tugged at my heartstrings from the beginning, and I had such a difficult time putting this one down. I wasn't sure at the beginning how much I would enjoy it, but I never should doubt Ashe's abilities especially when it comes to writing romances...she has done a outstanding job of creating a tale of heartwarming characters and a story to enthrall and scenes to constantly engage the reader.

It begins with a wedding of the daughter's adopted father, the Vicar of the town. When a guest appear, with those dark sensual eyes who sees within the deepest part of her, Eleanor is definitely overcome with feelings she never thought to feel again. But then she is practically coerced to have Taliesin as her companion in her search for her parents, and where they really came from. There are things we learn about Taliesin and Eleanor, a unique setting and what a fun couple. They were so unique to the series, and quite frankly I love sexy Gypsy's...a man that can get a woman to have adventure and want to spread her wings. I loved both of them as main characters, they added a certain dramatic element to the story that becomes the center of the story. I really had no complaints where they were concerned. The hero is mysterious, protective and sensual. The heroine is stubborn, strong willed and passionate...put them together and you have explosions of the nuclear nature. They definitely have chemistry but one other quality they have in common, is denying their feelings for each other. They are very insistent to go separate ways, despite how much they love each other, and what a way this story seemed to convulse and form as these two rediscovered passion together and their deep feelings for one another.

Overall a stunning and riveting romance that had me at the edge all day...a tale to not forget, of two people in need of desire and adventure and find that their dreams come true if they have faith in one another...OUTSTANDING!! ( )
  addictofromance | Jan 11, 2015 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0062229850, Mass Market Paperback)

In the third in Katharine Ashe's Prince Catchers series, the eldest of three very different sisters must fulfill a prophecy to discover their birthright. But if Eleanor is destined to marry a prince, why can't she resist the scoundrel who seduced her?

She can pour tea, manage a household, and sew a modest gown. In short, Eleanor Caulfield is the perfect vicar's daughter. Yet there was a time when she'd risked everything for a black-eyed gypsy who left her brokenhearted. Now he stands before her—dark, virile, and ready to escort her on a journey to find the truth about her heritage.

Leaving eleven years ago should have given Taliesin freedom. Instead he's returned to Eleanor, determined to have her all to himself, tempting her with kisses and promising her a passion she's so long denied herself. But if he was infatuated before, he's utterly unprepared for what will happen when Eleanor decides to abandon convention—and truly live . . .

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:14 -0400)

In the third of Katharine Ashe's Prince Catchers series, the eldest of three very different sisters must fulfill a prophecy to discover their birthright. But if Eleanor is destined to marry a prince, why can't she resist the scoundrel who seduced her?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,811,364 books! | Top bar: Always visible